A question for any trumpet player

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Adrianbyrne, Sep 18, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You know the answer to this. Because you love us and your advice comes from you heart. You have done much good, so don't even ponder this issue as to why.

2. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Doc Severinsen...The question, "How big's your bathroom?"

PS: Doc has said several times he likes practicing in the bathroom because of the acoustics."

3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I'd ask Patrick Gilmore what was the proper, accepted style for playing cornet in the 1860's...maybe with a demonstration.

4. Haste2

Haste2 Piano User

Jun 16, 2010
    I would ask rowuk::lol:

"Do you know Anthony Plogg?" Because he lives in Germany and all.

I met him last weekend. He came and did a masterclass at the University of Utah. The real reason he came was due to student's DMA recital featuring Plogg's works. The student even premiered a new piece by Plogg called "Scherzo", which was inspired by Goedicke's Concert Etude.

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I played with one of Anthony's students from Freiburg while I was in Germany--I passed along a CD and my phone number. Anthony didn't speak German at the time; taught in English and was concentrating on composing more than playing trumpet at the time, but a neat guy who is/was a much a better player than I'll ever be. We talked a bit about music and trumpet and a lot about food. We agreed on not wanting to know which part of the pig some of the yummiest sausages came from.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I think that practicing in the bathroom offers a better path for some of the crap that we play.

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Tony is a great guy and a fine composer and player. Met him twice.

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    The only problem with the bathroom is that we look down. In the orchestra we have to look up to see the conductor.
    If we look straight ahead we see violists. Maybe practicing in the bathroom is a good idea!