A.R. Huul trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by FLYBYU44, Feb 4, 2009.

1. FLYBYU44

FLYBYU44 New Friend

Nov 30, 2007
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    I'm thinking of buying a trumpet. The buyer says it's made by AR Huul Regd. Western Germany line 600. Not sure if this is any good or not. The fellow wants $75 for it and it looks to be in awesome shape with the case and all. I was just wondering if this was a good deal or not? Thanks for any info..

2. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    I have never heard of it so I did a quick search and I can't find anything on it... Many trumpets that say Germany, Europe, are actually made in China or India like the many others. Since I have never heard of it, I say it is a bad horn like those ones on ebay and not a good buy... don't waste your money.:-)

3. FLYBYU44

FLYBYU44 New Friend

Nov 30, 2007
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Thanks for the reply, I was thinking this myself actually. You see I buy and sell straight razors and many of the junk asian-made razors will say German straight razor or German style razors to try and fool people.

4. nieuwguyski

nieuwguyski Forte User

Aug 9, 2004
    Santa Cruz County, CA
    Ask the seller if it really says "AR Huttl," etc.

5. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    Well, that goes to show how Chinese people are devoted to making fakes and selling them. But some are good, some are bad-mostly bad...

6. tony h

tony h Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2008
    Yes some are good and most are bad but I was lucky, yahooooo.....

7. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    I would say Huttl is a good possibility. From what I have seen over the years, most that turn up on ebay are in Canada, where Huttl moved from Germany, early 70's', I think, but didn't last long there as a manufacturer. Decent student horn.