A Selfless Request

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Nov 19, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. TM

Voting has ended. EBQ Takes First Place.

Final tally:
    Eddie Brookshire Quintet 142 votes (68% of votes cast).
    Night Beast 15 votes (7% of votes cast).
    Jim McCutcheon 7 votes (3% of votes cast).

Here is the link to the final voting results: Best of Dayton | www.activedayton.com

What a family we have here at TM. If there is ANYONE out there that has a similar venue in your city, region, state, contry... let me know... I will do all I can to promote your group. You guys are great. This makes it the second year in a row we got this distinction, and we use it for promotional activity for the band to get gigs and venues. There is no monitary award, no devoted concert series, just the right to advertise which helps as evey venue we have played since or first win introduces us as "The Dayton Daily News' Best Band in Dayton... The Eddie Brookshire Quintet" (The always leave out the Non-rock part).

Thanks Again TM!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    [​IMG]

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Well, Doc, You just squeaked that one out!!! It's a wonder any of the others even bothered to be on the list!
    SERIOUSLY, Doc, congratulations to you and the EBQ!! Great job. A real plus to promote some nice gigs for you guys, as if you really needed the help.

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Well done!

But I am curious - who do you really think should take the #1 spot? ;-)

(I listened to Nightbeast's stuff - definitely not my #1 choice by the way...)

Kind regards,
    --bumblebee

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I believe the TM members had a good finger on the number 1 spot.

Seriously, I have heard many of the contenders. Tim Berens is by far the most gifted indivudual musician and he received no votes. Jim McCutcheon is also a fabulous jazz guitarist, and I would have been very gratified had he been a winner. Actually, while Nightbeast is not my cup of tea, their music is competitive with the current synthesized voice track of Indie Rock, so I am not shocked they came in second place. Quit honestly, as a gifted musician, educator, motivator, mentor... There is no one better than the individual, Eddie Brookshire. I would like to believe that some of his magic wears off on the trumpet playing slug that he chose for his quintet, which for all of these reasons, I would have to honestly say... is the BEST NON-ROCK BAND IN DAYTON.

But then again, I AM BIASED HERE.

Thanks again. TM.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and YET -- even a SLUG has redeeming properties associated with it!!!!
    Slug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Like most other gastropods, a slug moves by rhythmic waves of muscular contraction on the underside of its foot
    ROFL ROFL ROFL