A Selfless Request

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Nov 19, 2012.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Done... and I am dying to hear Midnight in Tuscany!!!

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    juust had a listen to the previews on Cdbaby. I love your sound, is there a physical cd (I'm still so far in the Dark Ages I'd even prefer vinyl)

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thanks so much. Actually it was TM members like you that pulled us ahead for the win. Last year we were winning up until the last day by as much as 20 votes, but then the Kim Kelly Orchestra went from 60 to over 200 votes in 6 hours. But a request on TM for a little help came through and we won by about 30 votes. So I am starting early this year... Vote early... Vote often. Keepin fingers crossed that Kim Kelly Orchestra doesn't do another IP blitz.

Can't wait to share our new tunes with our TM supporters! Thanks so much to all of you!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Can't wait for our band to do an Austrailian tour so all of you in the great Land Downunder can hear live the value of what you have voted for. Until then, I will share the cuts we just recorded.

5. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Done. By this time the EBQ is in front with 89 votes, making 81%... perhaps The Doc might send out a few CDs of EBQ as a small revenge for voting... ;)

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Dave, Thanks so much. As for the tunes we recorded at our sessions the past week, Tuscany did not make it to the list. The songs we did use sound fabulous. A couple ballads that has rich sax solos and one with a real buttery flugelhorn solo. Tuscany is a trumpet piece, and I wanted to get a flugel sampler on the cuts. We will go into the studio again in about a month to finish what we would like to include in our next CD. I am hoping Tuscany makes it at the next session. That song is in competition with our piano player's compestion Daisy, which is so amazingly beautiful.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Cornyandy. There is a CD called "Bass Notes, The Heart Beat of Jazz". It includes a guest pianist, Kenny Drew Jr., son of Kenny Drew who was John Coltrane's pianist on the classic "Blue Train" album. You can but our first CD from Eddie Brookshire Quintet |. The studio tune we just cut, once mixed will be yours free form the magic of Soundcloud.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Will see what we can do Barliman... Thanks so much for the vote.

9. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Got to say though I love one of the other name, "The Elderly Brothers" Don and Phil all grown up perhaps.

10. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    Doin' it da Chicago way. Voting early, voting often.