A serious trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by blu_knote, Apr 1, 2008.

1. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    There is no perfect horn for everyone; try as many as you can, but a word of caution. That is, never buy a horn that you haven't played personally. That includes a model that you have tried and decide later to buy via internet etc. My experince is that horns from the same maker and model can play differently. I know some may not agree with my opinion, but time has proven this true for me personally, at least. Good Luck and have a ball finding your new horn.:thumbsup:

2. ottoa57

ottoa57 Pianissimo User

Feb 15, 2010
    Macomb, Mi
    It will be VERY worth your while to contact Ivan Hunter at trumpets plus. He has a wonderful trumpet,,and its on sale right now...Hundreds of hours of research have gone into this trumpet... Ivan is a wonderful repair man/ designer give him a call. Regards, Otto

Home

3. Outkastah

Outkastah Pianissimo User

Aug 29, 2009
    Boston
    Monette, Taylor, Harrleson and those guys are what I conciter to be "custom" horns, they are made the way YOU want them to be, and that causes them to be more expencive becuase they have to be hand made and such. There are a lot of great horn makers out there now and even some from the past still are hanging on like Martins. You just gotta play around and find one you like.

4. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Did anybody notice that the OP posted this over 2 1/2 years ago? He is long gone. So, the discussion is now just between us guys who are sitting around here and trying to impress each other. :-)

5. wolfmann

wolfmann Pianissimo User

Aug 19, 2010
    High 5 to CBK!
    I was rolling reading this ROFL