A super Harry James score

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by bigaggietrumpet, Jan 15, 2005.

1. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Ok, so a few days ago I was at the recycled books/music store, and I happened to walk by the LP aisle. I found around 10 Harry James albums, most of them in pristine condition. Unfortunately, I only had 20 bucks in my pocket, so I only got two. One is "22 Original Big Band Recordings", which is an excellent album, IMO. The other is Jazz Session, which is a little bit of the older James, and not exactly what you'd normally expect from his big band. Anyway, I spent the last day of my break back home transferring them over to CD, and they turned out rather well. Sooo, if anyone who knows how to not let the authorities know would like to have a copy, give me a few days to get resituated in my dorm (I've only been back for a few hours), and then I'll see if I can't share the wealth.

I'll post the track lists later if I remember.

2. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Hey Aggie,

I'll take one of each! Those are great albums but I've never been able to find them in LP, much less CD!

PM me and I'll send you my address!

3. bigaggietrumpet

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    For those who have contacted me, I'm gonna try to pick up some blanks today. However, since my computer has been kinda weird recently, this could take a while.

For those who are curious as to the playlists, here they are

Harry James and His Orchestra Play 22 Original Big Band Hits:
    Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Vocals: Helen Forrest and the Songmakers)
    If I Had You
    Always (Vocal:Buddy Moreno)
    Exactly Like You (Clarinet: Eddy Rosa)
    Come Rain or Come Shine (Vocal: Buddy DiVito)
    Nice Work If You Can Get It (Didn't say who sang it, but I think it's Buddy Moreno)
    I Cover The Waterfront
    My Old Flame (Vocal: Gilda Macon)
    I May Be Wrong, But I Think You're Wonderful
    Remember (Vocal: Buddy Moreno)
    Don't Get Around Much Anymore (Vocals done by Harry James' screaming trumpet :thumbsup: )
    Ain't She Sweet
    Sugar Blues (Vocal: Johnny Mercer)
    How High The Moon
    Oh Look-A-There, Ain't She Pretty
    What Is This Thing Called Love
    Lover Come Back To Me
    I Found A New Baby
    Lazy River
    All of Me (Vocal: Helen Ward)
    Blue Skies (tenor sax: Corky Corcoran)
    The Man I Love

Jazz Session:
    Anything
    One For My Baby (and one more for the road)
    Marchin' (tenor sax: Pat Chartrand)
    Tenderly
    Moonlight Fiesta (trombone: Juan Tizol)
    Route 66 (vocal unknown)
    I'll Remember April
    Concerto for Clarinet
    Stealin' Apples
    Perdido
    Queen of the Mambo

I'll check again to see if anyone else has signed up so I'll know how many discs to pick up.

4. bigaggietrumpet

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Ok, so I'm off to the store to get the blanks. All those who would like a copy, please IM me your names and addresses that way I'll know who to mail them to.

EDIT: I'm having to postpone the whole thing for a while. My computer is acting quite goofy and I can't get the burner to work. I'll get back to ya'll when I have it fixed, but it will more than likely be a while. :dontknow: