A systematic approach to daily practise

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dreads, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Dreads

Dreads New Friend

Jun 9, 2010
    Can anyone send me the pdf file or tell me where this can be downloaded please? :)

2. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    Do you mean Arban's?

I need that booik.

3. Dreads

Dreads New Friend

Jun 9, 2010
    Nah man, Claude gordons systematic approach. Whats your email? I can send you arbans if you'd like?

4. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    buy it...any other way is stealing

5. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    Oh, I have "Velocity Studies" by Gordon, I haven't tried playing anything in it because I still play pretty slow.

I'll look for that other one, and of course an Arban's, printed paper == real wait until the grid's down or just the net and see.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Without proper guidance, Claude Gordons system is no better than just buying an Arbans, Clarke and just "going for it".

I can't really appreciate the internet generations dislike for structured learning. The suggestion that googled info is equivalent to having learned the methodology of getting those results is just plain B.S.

Collections of methods and tidbits of advice from the internet usually end up like gigabytes of stolen MP3s, no appreciation for this individual messages, not time to really "get into" the vast collection and ever less willingness to really learn something.

Posters like this get NOTHING from me but web sites if the stuff happens to be legally available there. In the case of CG, it takes 70 years of being dead before anything can end up in the public domane. Assuming that everything is available as a pdf free for passing around does not show much respect for those that own this intellectual property.

Home - Claude Gordon Music Enterprise

Here is a quote from Mr Gordon:

"Personal experience is the best teacher if it can be put into comprehensive words. The wise recipient of such words may then set the course for early achievements he might not have had for several years or perhaps not at all, had he gone it alone."
    - Claude Gordon

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  7. jongorrie

jongorrie Pianissimo User

May 9, 2010
    You should *buy* all of Claude's books. Stealing them by download pdfs is just bad karma man!

You can pick up his books from amazon.com

8. Dreads

Dreads New Friend

Jun 9, 2010
    I just ordered a copy :)

9. dlewis

dlewis Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    RANDALLSTOWN MARYLAND
    You are a hard man Rowuk. But you are always right:thumbsup:

10. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Rowuk sez:
    I can't really appreciate the internet generations dislike for structured learning. The suggestion that googled info is equivalent to having learned the methodology of getting those results is just plain B.S.
    ------------
    What!! Do you mean that having access to the info isn't enough?
    ---
    Rowuk is right. I end up crushing a lot of spirits because many students think that mere access to the info is the same as knowing and applying. A person needs to have a METHODOLOGY to learning. Having it and knowing it isn't the same.
    Bytes of info isn't the same as training the brain. The brain is best trained following a systematic approach.