A VERY brief survey. If you could fill it out, I'd be much appreciative!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jazzy816, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Jazzy816

Jazzy816 Pianissimo User

Jun 5, 2013
    USA
    Hi all. I'm doing a project for an entrepreneurship class in school. Basically, I need to gather some data on something that is made by more than one manufacturer so that we can understand competition/ advertising. This survey should take you no more than two minutes. I would be very grateful to anyone who fills it out.

Click here to go to the survey!

Thankyou!

2. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Since I own neither of the two brands of music stand in the survey I had nothing to contribute except to answer Q4 as "I do not own a Manhasset stand" and for Q7 "Please give a brief description of why you use the music stand. Ex: Band teacher with 100+, student and home use, etc." I would only be able to say I use a music stand to hold my music when playing -- but I suspect that is not useful for you?

Should I submit those two answers or do you really just want players who have one of the two music stand brands to participate?

--bumblebee

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This does not sound like entrepreneurship class. It sounds like you have grief with Manhasset. The questions really reek of agenda and are not statistically valid for anything about learning to run a business. I will not participate in something this one sided.

I use K&M stands, they are not perfect but do the job.

4. Culbe

Culbe Forte User

Jul 25, 2014
    Normal
    I would be slower to make such bad assumptions. What harm could we be doing?

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Culbe,
    you are right. We should not make bad assumptions. After originally reading the "survey" before I first posted, I saw 2 groups of identical questions for each stand, and then specific flaws only for one of the stands. That to me is NOT a neutral survey and it has nothing to do with entrepreneurship.

Fortunately I am statistically irrelevant as I don't own either stand and have no intention of purchasing either.

What harm could be done, well that depends IF this is only used for school in the named class OR IF our info will be used against Manhasset without us knowing about it. Let's not forget that Trumpetmaster is an open internet forum and biased posting can cause trouble.

The undertone of the survey in my eyes is addressing a specific stand and its flaws. What does that have to do with:
    If we are interested in competition, then we pick two companies and compare the products, delivery, advertising, customer service, replacement policy of BOTH. If we are interested in advertisement, then we need to ask questions concerning that. It is all missing.

6. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Rowak is correct! The survey is biased. I personally believe its an undercover advertisement for Hamilton products.

7. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    If the bottom bolt on a Manhasset is loose it was never tightened properly in the first place. These stands come disassembled from Manhasset and need to be assembled (tightly) by the store or organization that receives them.

8. Tomaso

Tomaso Pianissimo User

Oct 2, 2014
    New York City
    I LOVE my Manhasset stands! I've used them forever. I even have one in my home office that holds an unabridged American Heritage Dictionary.
    They're the only stands with a wide enough shelf to hold Arbans, Clarke, and a Real Book, all at the same time.

T/

9. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Manhasset is definitely the standard, most every rehersal I'm tightening the bottom bolt so in another year they should all rotate by me and will all be tightened

10. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    I've used/worked with Manhassets for years. Have run into good and bad with them, mostly the afore mentioned loose bottom nut. Only kick I have is not having the ability to collapse for travel. With three of us having to take stands to certain gigs, room becomes a real consideration. Our other two stands are a fold down from Musicians Friend and a heavier fold down that I don't remember the name of at the moment:oops: