A whole month without my mistress

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dupac, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    [​IMG]
    Another one, with the name on it...

2. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    I know the feeling. Great to have you back. Enjoy!!

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Dupac,

I'm sorry to do this to you but when you Google "dunny" on it's own - without Dupac as the pronoun - you find that in the Australian idiom (or 'strine langwich {Australian Language}) a dunny is a small room, often tiled, with a large waste pipe passing to the outside and flushed after use.

So a dunny door from a prawn trawler has certain imbedded 'sandshoe' type odours. :oops:

See this is how we Aussies struggle with the Queen's English - ours is a little corrupted over distance, time, and a rather perverse sense of humour, I often wonder whether one's Queen would admit to understanding this 'mutated' meaning. ;-)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  4. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Dear Ted,
    Do you know that, in 1939-40, there has been a SERIOUS project, SERIOUSLY discussed between De Gaulle and Churchill, to enter France in the Commonwealth ?!
    Imagine : poor Queen Elizabeth II has already her children, ALL THE AUSSIES ... If she had also THE FRENCHIES !

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Wow Dupac, no I didn't know, my history studies missed that one.

Imagine though the Aussie larrikinism mixed with French 'attitude' - imagine meat pie 'floaters' with a French flavour - the taste buds would be in heaven ...... oh, oh, oh, Aussie beer in champagne bottles - both countries already have some of the prettiest girls in the world what a mixture. And our Queen would also be yours ROFL.

6. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Great idea, Ted ! I suggest in "Nabuchodonosor" bottles (20 normal bottles i.e. 15 liters) . . .
    As for pretty girls, I agree, hem, wait a minute, I have to close the computer, my wife is coming !

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Ohh nice one Dupac - you've hijacked your own thread with a little help from a Aussie larrikin, yesssss :thumbsup:. It's taken me a while since the last time - but I am da winna. ROFL

8. jessman

jessman Pianissimo User

Jul 3, 2009
    Corpus Christi Texas
    Congrats on your will-power my brother in sound.
    Have at it, and enjoy...

Music is a gift from God... Those who make it, understand those words perfectly.
    Those that don't just appreciate it. You know the difference.

Jesse Garcia

9. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    I fully agree ! Thanks for your congrats.