aaaarrgh - timing!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by revjames, Jul 18, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    On nutty buns no less!

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Well -- Bob Evans is at least one step up from Micky D's ----- although this last fall I went to Bob Evans with the secretary of my band (she is 64, and me 47) -- and a trombone player and his wife saw us and came over to say HELLO. .................nobody will believe me, but after the meal, and a concert ---- my ""friend"" -- turned toward me and said. ""YOU KNOW PEOPLE are seeing us together --WE ARE NOT A COUPLE, KT you know that don't you???, and we shouldn't see each other for awhile, KT you are TOO NICE TO BE TRUE, a real gentleman, and I can't accept that at this time""

I mean ---- Bob Evans had nothing to do with I suppose, but it still leaves a bad taste, that Bob Evans somehow exposed what a WONDERFULLY NICE PERSON I am ----- AND PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

it was JUST POOR TIMING --- that someone else saw us together at that moment in time!!!!!!

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You just HAD to order the omelet with the onions, didn't you KT! When will the boy ever learn!

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OK!! -----letting her order --- and then telling the waitress that I would have the same thing!!!! -- I suppose that didnt' help my case any!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. revjames

revjames Piano User

Nov 14, 2010
    Anglesey, North Wales
    Been working on my timing issues (which was the original theme of this thread :)). Brass band has been a big help. Also I have been playing slower pieces at the jazz club which seem to make the timing issues easier to handle. Heres one my missus recorded last monday. Strangers in the night:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200133154473949&set=vb.1303321776&type=2&theater

Have set privacy to public for the vid so should be OK - couldnt be bothered youtubing it....

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhm - yeah, sorry about that GM brings out the BEST in me sometimes -- and other times we get EACH OTHER SIDETRACKED!!! ----- Yes, you have a very nice sound in my opinion -- very smooth and flowing which is in accordance with the song style. My community band has helped me out tremendously with timing issues (although I think they go to fast at times) ---- but the tempo changes, the different styles of songs and such help with the timing.
    Keep up the great job ---and keep getting out there in the public to keep playing the trumpet --- I think people need to hear that sound!!!!

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

It's a gift.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    A side effect of gift giving.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    see what I mean revjames ----yeah, see what I mean??? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. revjames

revjames Piano User

Nov 14, 2010
    Anglesey, North Wales
    easily done... thanks for the kind comments