aaaarrgh - timing!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by revjames, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Gratification of our own ego!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    God knows, I'm gratified.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    is that like being caught in a mouse trap by your tail??? ROFL ROFL ROFL

look closely to the quote revjames --- you see GM brings out the worst in me also ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    There should be a law regarding editing an original post from a member. Citizen's arrest... Citizen's arrest

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    If you've a complaint in such cause, the worst you could do is effect a "Citizen's Arrest", your action being either a criminal misdemeanor or felony (depending on the jurisdiction) of unlawful detention and/or false arrest whereas the issue is a civil matter, and it will cost you a filing fee to file your complaint with the Clerk of the District Court, and another fee to have have the Sheriff deliver a copy and summons, and yet another fee to your attorney to represent your complaint. What would you gain??? (Ha! Ha!)

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    it's all about the timing -- now isn't it????? ROFL ROFL ROFL
    look revjames --- we made this into a funny!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    KT, your sig ROFL ROFL ROFL has you laughing so much you've fallen to the floor.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I try to add HUMOR(HUmOUR) to a life that wouldn't be as enjoyable, or sustainable without a laugh here and there --- as you know health problems are no fun ---and although, I am not progressed nearly as bad as your health --- there are x-rays and such that indicate in some ways, parts of my body are not in the finest of shape, and not being quite 50 -- the only thing for me to do is -- LIVE LIFE, and LAUGH ----- as long as I can!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL and of course, play the trumpet and trombone as long as I can (some days like the last 2, not much at all) -- but tomorrow will be AWESOME --- I will crank out at least a decent HIGH G, maybe even enough air and chops to play a song with it in there --- and at least for 8 bars, or maybe a whole song --- I WILL FEEL AWESOME AND LIKE I AM THE BEST TRUMPET PLAYER IN THE WORLD, I WILL CONVINCE MYSELF THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN PLAY THE TRUMPET (ie. like the Star Spangled Banner) AND TAKE THE LAST 1/3 OF THE SONG UP AN OCTAVE -- and envision that I am in a stadium with 80,000 people cheering after I play it ----------------------------yeah, just a moment in time, where I feel AWESOME ROFL ROFL ROFL

sorry revjames for the distraction -- but it is all in the timing of life --- a moment in time, where I can play something awesome even if it is in my basement, and even only a few lines ----- yes, the timing of life!!! thanks revjames for your patience with me!!!

9. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Trumpet has a more vocalizing quality than the bass. Bass you can really feel things. But with a horn you must be able to sing. It's probably distracting to you to have a tonality which you can't literally feel. Work on using the horn as a singing voice rather than a percussive device. Also work on the legato...ladies love a man with good legato :)

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thanks BustedChops -- it is definitely challenging!!! yes, I get some really great comments on the trumpet as to it's resonance (and to me it sounds, distorted, kind of akin to playing into a 5 gallon bucket) -- but many people love it's sound, and apparently it has developed a "voice" of it's own. I started the trombone last January because it was helping with my "air" -- and I whipped it out for a parade last summer because the community band was short on trombones!! since then the conductor uses my trombone to tune up the band in parades -- they say it sounds good (personally the trombone sounds sucks to me) -- but I can feel the vibrations in the mpc a bit better --TUNING and such -- HEY, you need "an ear" for the trombone --- so fine tuning that is difficult on the fly.

and one thing relative to this whole thread -- the amount of concentration that is takes in a community band setting to play either instrument (ie. very difficult to hear the "voice" of my instrument with all that other NOISE going on ------ anyways -- the CONCENTRATION on the rhythms and keeping up and in sync with the band has helped my rhythmic ability TREMENDOUSLY.
    so rev james -- concentration, and feeling the beat ---- feel the beat, man --- it will all work out well!!!!