About Myself #1

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrassBandMajor, Apr 22, 2015.

1. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    You may know from making hideous amount of useless threads on rotary trumpets, valuations, weird type of horns!
    Let me tell you about myself.
    I started trumpet from around 2010 with a King Pocket trumpet later on I moved to a Yamaha YTR1335S.
    Then I moved to NZ from South Korea to further my education.
    I met great teachers! My french horn teacher was a friend of Ricco Kuehn who made his horn! He's a geek in german horns but I love trumpetmaster.
    My trombone teacher is an artist of Thein. He plays basstrumpet and so on.....
    FUN FACTS: Mr Thein's grandfather was a piano maker he made a mechanism which made upright pianos sound like grand pianos and that piano was on board the White Star Line Titanic and is down having rest in the ocean now [​IMG]
    Back to the story: Then I started research on brass and collecting flugels, trumpets and other weird horns.
    So yeah thanks to trumpetmaster I learned a lot and got to know a few members.
    So thanks to:
    barliman2001: for sharing your knowledge in rotary trumpets
    ChopsGone:for letting me know you had a tarv trumpet and a stratodyne cornet
    Dennis78: for being another fellow Holton lover like me
    Dale Proctor: for being a civil war re-enactment geek and teacher to me and having a beautiful looking Bach 184 cornet
    ConnDirectorFan: for sharing his knowledge on Musica Steyr
    stumac: for suggesting chinese horns
    Vulgano Brothers: for being a cool and nice adminstrator.
    ALL TM MEMBERS:for sharing their kindness and knowledge

THANK You

2. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Well you are an interesting individual. No need to thank me for being a Holton fan, if I could I would have 1 of each model. My collection of instruments range from bass guitar 3 of them, 3 electric and 2 acoustic guitars, violin, tenor banjo, 2 keyboards, baritone, 5 Bb trumpets, a cornet some amps various percussion pieces a saxophone....So I can relate about collecting various instruments. And I can attempt to play them all, but I am really digging this cornet

3. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    As there are only 24 hours in a day focus on the one you love most.

4. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Don't get me wrong I play trumpet mainly and cornet. I went through some kinda phase for a while when I was playing bass in a garage band but I came home to brass and really haven't touched the strings in along time. I've actually been trying to trade guitars for more trumpets. Anyone looking to trade for an alto sax-Yamaha student?

5. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Nah I've got alto sax.