AD HOC MASTER CLASS July 16, at 10 AM in the Chicago Area

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Jun 27, 2011.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

Folks, I'll be holding another ad hoc master class in the Chicago area on July 16 at 10 AM at New Trier High School in room 151 (my lab). The theme this year will be the Come Back Player. Now, that having been said, even if you are not a comeback player, please feel free to drop by. You might just walk out with that DHC you've been looking for.

The fee for the class is $20. For this you will get a copy of the powerpoint and a copy of my book sent to your email as well as attendance in the class, of course. I'll also have a couple of CD's there as part of the package. However, you have to attend to get this stuff!

Now, as with all of my master classes, the $20 fee is a suggested contribution to the effort. If, however, you are strapped financially for ANY reason and cannot afford to kick in the 20, kick in what you can. If you can't afford to kick in anything, come anyway! I absolutely do not want anyone to feel they can't attend if things are a little tough right now. Nobody needs to know! Yes, I need to make a living, but I am a teacher and if I can help anyone learn how to make music more to their liking, I feel I am being given the opportunity to make the world just a little more beautiful place!

Now, if you want to kick in MORE than the $20, feel free to do so! ;-)

Keep an eye on my website at Nick Drozdoff :: Home for details as they develop.

I will be functioning as a Getzen Endorsing artist and I'll be doing the clinic on my Getzen 490 Bb trumpet.

Hope to see you there!

Nick

2. Satchmo Brecker

Satchmo Brecker Piano User

Jul 19, 2010
    I may send you $20 just for the fact that it's so refreshing to see someone who's NOT a money-grubber (in general, not implying there are any on TM).

3. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    what happened to the NYTC's you have all over your website??

4. NickD

NickD Forte User

I have no issue with teachers and clinicians making money, but I sincerely don't want to shut anyone out. Yes I DO need the dough (got one kid finishing college and another going in after he finishes!), but I'll be OK if some folks having a tough time can't kick in.

As to the NYTC's, I still have mine. They are fine horns, but I have moved into a formal relationship with Getzen. The horn I use at my clinics is an entry level horn, the 490 intermediate model. They can be purchased at the discount house for under $800, brand new. During these economic hard times, I found it necessary to present something more affordable to the kids and parents I was meeting at my clinics.

Also, at Getzen there is absolutely NO outsourcing. Everything is made by USA workers right in Elkhorn, Wisconsin - good Midwestern folks!

Do keep an eye on my website as the 16th draws nearer. I'll update here as well.

Peace.

Nick

5. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Well if I was in Chicago I'd go! Sounds fun!

6. NickD

NickD Forte User

UPDATE!

On my website, I just added directions and instructions for avoiding construction traffic around the high school. Yes, I have included the address, but if you plan on using Mapquest, you won't be aware of the construction issues. Drop by and check out the update.

Peace!

Nick

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

OK, we're set for this Saturday's 10 AM ad hoc master class.

Everyone gets two CD's (my garage is getting crowded!).
    Everyone gets an electronic copy of my book.
    Everyone will get a FREE PEN! Woo-hoo!
    Everyone will get an electronic copy of Saturday's power point.

I'll have my Getzen horns and ALL of my Wedge mouthpieces.

The directions are posted on my website. You'll need to come in the CENTER doors on the NORTH side of the building. I'll have signs up. Just come on down to 152. Feel free to bring your horn.

I hope to see a lot of folks here!

Nick

8. NickD

NickD Forte User

I had a splendid time today. I was pleased with how the presentation and mini lessons went. The Q&A and discussion session was SPECTACULAR! The give and take showed some serious learning and introspection going on. The class contributions were extremely valuable.

I'm so grateful for all who attended.

I'll looking forward to net year. In fact I picked up some ideas from today's discussion that I plan on developing into the 2012 package!

Thanks again, folks!

Nick

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011