Ad Hoc Master Class near Sacramento

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Mar 2, 2011.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

Folks, if you some of you could help me get the word out, I'd be most grateful.

I'll be doing an ad hoc master class in Rocklin, California on April 2 in the AM. I'll flesh the details out later. It will take place in the AM - probably 10 AM. This is the way I do these things. I ask $20 per for person attending, but this is a completely voluntary offering - it is only a suggestion to help me defray my expenses for the trip. I'm essentially saying, "kick in what you can IF you can." I do NOT want anyone to feel they can't attend if money is a little tight for any reason!!! My central theme on this this year wil be "The Comeback Player." My powerpoint will be designed all around that. Please help me spread the word. Rocklin is just outside of Sacramento.

I will be arriving there on Thursday and leaving on Sunday AM. If anyone would like a lesson/coaching-session, I am at your service. My fee for a lesson is $75/hour, one hour minimum. If you are interested in taking a lesson, please contact me at [email protected]. I don't use Hotmail that much.

Finally, I would love to sit in with any bands out there between March 31 and April 2. In fact, if you need someone to cover a gig, club date or jobbing date that Friday or Saturday night, let me know! I'll work for for the local gig dough. I hope to sit in with a rehearsal band on Thursday night, if they are meeting. I don't know of Rocklin high or the colleges in the area are on break at that point (I am), but I'll come by your school, too, if the interest is there. Again contact me off list via my email address.

Now, when I sit in with bands, I make a bee line for the 4th or 5th book. I'm not gunning for ANYONE. I love to play and I love to share the art of trumpeting. I also love to HEAR all of you! If I did nothing more than play 5th parts all night long, I'm totally OK with that! It's all about the music an camaraderie.

For more about my ad hoc master classes, see Nick Drozdoff :: Home .

I do hope to meet some of you out there. The success of all of this really depends on the online networking. I'm grateful for whatever you can do.

Nick Drozdoff

2. NickD

NickD Forte User

I just wanted to add here that, while my central theme for the class will be the comeback player, this will be somewhat advanced stuff and that any serious musician, be they a comeback player, and experienced pro or a serious student can pick up ideas.

The date will be April 2 a 10 AM. The location is to be determined. I expect it to be in Rocklin, Ca, though Sacramento is not out of the question at this point (they are quite near each other).

I'll keep folks posted.

Nick

3. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    Dang, I wish I could go. It sounds like what I need. And if you're ever in Kali-Missou Montana you're welcome to sit in with the Valley Cats. (Hint- come in July or August).

4. NickD

NickD Forte User

I would LOVE to sit in with a band called the VALLEY CATS!! Way cool!

I just wanted to add this as well. I'll have my complete collection of Wedge and Asymmetric mouthpieces as well as some conventional mouthpieces for comparison.

I can't travel with too many horns, so I'll be bringing my New York Trumpet Company Broadway Bb with me as well as a Getzen (model to be named later).

Once I pin down the room location, I'll post here again. I don't have any clue how many will be there. This might be why a couple of my contacts have not gotten back to me yet.

Nick

5. NickD

NickD Forte User

OK, I've got a room booked for the class.

I'll be at the Rocklin community Center in the 5th street portable classroom #2. It is just behind the pre school at the community center. Here is the address.

5400 Fifth Street
    Rocklin, Ca. 95677

I have the room from 10 AM to 1 PM, but that includes setup and tear down. So, you don't have to get there before 10:15 unless you feel like moving a few chairs. ;-)

I've had quite a bit of contact form folks on this. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Nick

6. NickD

NickD Forte User

I am putting the finishing touches on my power point for the lecture. As I do so, it came to to list the take away stuff. Everyone who attends will get the following.

1.) A pdf copy of my book
    2.) A copy of the power point that I will use
    3.) My CD "No Man Is An Island"
    4.) My older CD "Junk Yard Brass"
    5.) PDF's of any music I use in my demos

Now I'm not going to reiterate my "suggested free will offering fees." They're in the original post and on my website. However, EVERYONE gets the stuff, now matter what. If I don;'t bring enough with me, I will ship them the materials as soon as possible. Now, the PDF's I can send right away via email.

Please spread the word.

Nick

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

Re: Ad Hoc Master Class near Sacramento - corrected address anbd directions

It turns out that the address I posted originally only gets you in the BALLPARK of the actual room. My brother, Pete, a Rocklin resident, sent me accurate directions. PLEASE make a note and tell everyone who is coming!

Thanks!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

In Rocklin, get to the intersection of Sunset Blvd and 3rd Street .

Turn on 3rd Street (don’t go the other way onto Springview Drive ).

Proceed straight ahead about 300 yards to 5th street (STOP SIGN). Turn left.
    (Don’t turn right on Farron Street … turn left on 5th)

IMMEDIATELY on the left will be a parking lot. The entrance is right in the center
    of the 90 degree turn in the road. Turn into the parking lot.

Once in the parking lot, on the right will be the old library (now a general
    community center building), on the left will be a baseball diamond and in the middle
    at the back of the parking lot is a small white box of a building with the following
    signage: 5th Street Recreation Center - 5484 5th Street.

We will be immediately behind this building in classroom #2. Just walk down the
    service road to the left of the Rec Center building and watch for signs that say
    “Trumpet Clinic."

NOTE: If you put the address 5484 5th Street into a GPS unit, you will get very
    close but the GPS unit will likely miss the mark and overshoot this location, so
    once you are at 3rd Street and 5th Street , pay close attention to the above details
    and watch for signs.