Adams A4

Discussion in 'Horns' started by sounds7, Apr 15, 2012.

1. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Are these horns cheaper if you buy them in Holland? I am thinking without the import taxes it would be much lower. My wife (Amsterdamer) will be going home in a few weeks. So I am wondering if I should sen her on a mission.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. Jappe

Jappe Pianissimo User

Jul 3, 2011
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Have you played one??? I actually did go to the factory (it is a two hour drive from where i live) and tried a few of the Adams family. The A4 is a fine trumpet, but not for all purposes. It has a very dark tone in my opinion. Not for big orchestra but for small combo work.

3. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Hmm, no I haven't. I suppose I should try some before sending her. They sound like my Bravura from the way you describe them.

Does anyone know if they will be at the ITG conference in Columbus Ga?

4. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes... We will have a huge private room at ITG. Also it will be more expensive to buy in Europe than the us.

5. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    My wife would roll her eyes if I asked her to go anywhere and buy a trumpet. She would tell me that she wouldn't do it and that would be my business. Frankly, I wouldn't put her in that dilemma, because I didn't like it and had to sell it, she would be hurt. Trent gave you the right answer. The devaluation of the USD is costly overseas. When my Brother just got back from Germany he got .73, (73 cents) for every dollar. That is worse than buying here. Besides why not help a US dealer benefit and they will take care of you. Trent has an astounding reputation. I wouldn't have any problem buying anything from over the phone or internet. But it is better to try before you buy.

6. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Cool Trent I will see you in columbus my friend