Addicted to Coffee!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by BachMan, Jan 19, 2004.

1. BachMan

BachMan Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2003
    I don't drink (alchohol)

Don't do drugs

Never smoked

But I think I have an addiction

COFFEE!

I have been drinking the stuff for years and the other day it hit me that I have a hard time getting going in the morning with out it.

Anyone else in a similar situation :?:

If I don't have coffee I get a mild head ache. I am grumpy. and just feel down about things.

I think i would like to try and get off this stuff. Any suggestions :?:

2. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Bachman

You need to speak to Fresh Brewed!

He is a monster Coffee drinker by all accounts, he even has FRESH BREWED hand engraved onto his trumpet!

In fact i am off to Germany very soon again to stay at his place so i can watch the Superbowl with my good friends from the US Army Band based in Bamberg.
    They are shipping out to Iraq very soon for a whole year, so i thought i'd pop over there and take in some of that good ole US hospitality before they go.

Regards

Leigh

3. lonelyangel

lonelyangel Pianissimo User

Nov 8, 2003
    London
    I think you just have to get up tomorrow morning and go 'cold turkey'. It wil take about two weeks to get the caffine dependency out of your system, You will have headaches, sweat at night and maybe feel a little constipated at first - as well as beeing pretty grouchy. Just tough it out. Drink lots of water - 6 pints a day for the first two or three days - and get plenty of sleep. A sauna or two will olso help to detox.
    After the first week or so you will feel a lot better -with more energy and better quality sleep and your concentration should improve.
    Try drinking decafinated coffee if you get a craving - or opt for a low caffine alternative such as japanese green tea or some of the great flavoured herbal teas from Celestial Seasons (I think).
    Remember - as with all these things - you don't have to do without coffee for the rest of your life - just for today.

Good Luck.
    Noel

4. Rob Jokinen

Rob Jokinen New Friend

Nov 16, 2003
    Beaverton, OR
  5. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Come to watch some REAL football with us eh? Not that sissy soccer crap..... :)
    -J

6. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Jarrett

Yeah you're right of course! those big, bad NFL players would'nt need great big pads to protect their huge powerful bodies would they? (because that would just be sissy i think! dont you? :wink:

However i love all sports and cant wait to come over to visit you guys and watch the Superbowl, even if they did steal the word football from our national sport!
    Funny that, what percentage of time would you estimate that American footballers actually use their FEET (as in "FOOT"ball), compared to the English game?

I am probably going to get completely slaughtered for this post, but i can handle it :D

I am only joking anyhow, as i have to go through this with the guy's in the Army Band each time i visit! and besides it doesnt take a brain surgeon to see that the English game is ten times more skillful than NFL. :lol:

Regards

Leigh

BTW I do not know of 1 single person here who calls it SOCCER. :?

7. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I got just a minute to post something before my computer gets taken away from me; so, I want to say this about that.

There is no comparison in skill factors between English Football and American Football. These are two different sports with the same name. English Football is way off the charts in skills. It is played out here where I live and it is extremely demanding on using not only all of the body muscles but also the brain (most players are thin and agile) whereas American Football only uses primarily the body and most players are thick and heavy … like a group of hippopotami playing badminton. :D

Liad Bar-EL

8. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    hmmmmmmm names DO matter in sports, apparently.
    How many insects are in "cricket"? :D

9. lonelyangel

lonelyangel Pianissimo User

Nov 8, 2003
    London
    Hey Gary, I know you would LOVE watching a cricket match. Just think, five whole days with nothing to do but sit in the sun, drink beer and snooze!
    Its called cricket because most of the time the loudest thing you'll hear is the sound of insects. :)

Noel.

10. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    Actually, when I lived in Seoul they showed cricket ALL THE TIME on tv, and it really pissed me off not knowing what the h*ll was going on. So, one day I watched an entire one day cricket match (7½ hrs) and by the end of the match I had everything figured out. I can honestly say that it is quite interesting. I watched the entire final game of the world one day cricket match, between Sri Lanka and Australia (? in 1996, commentary was in english).