Adobe Audition

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tpter1, Jul 1, 2006.

1. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    idn't know where to put this...so I put it here. Not quite a horn or mouthpiece topic... :dontknow:

Anyway, I've been using Adobe Audition for a wee bit (and I mean a wee bit...just a few weeks) and this program is amazing. For those who don't know what Audition is, it's a digital recording program. (Sorry Mac users, it's only Windows...I had to jump through a few hoops to get a Dell, but it was worth it.)

You can very easily get yourself recorded and then do a whole bunch of processing on your recording to either make it sound professional or just plain have fun and warp a few things for kicks. Very professional results, very inexpensive (I think academic pricing is around $150) and coupled with a good mic (I hyave one of those Sony battery operated jobs for $100) you're off and running. If you have a laptop, all the better for those of us who are more mobile. Directors: record rehearsals, bring the recording home, there's your planning for tomorrow or the next rehearsal! Guard instructor needs a CD? No problem. Make a recording at the start of practice, give it to her/him at break.

Excellent for recording practice sessions (no tape to waste!), rehearsals, whatever.

Those of you needing to record for college/contest/profesional auditions...this would be a great investment. I'm not sure how it would suit for professional applications to produce commercial CD's, but it does have that capability, too. Very easily, I might add.

No more excuses! Get in the practice room and start recording!

2. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    This is indeed a really awesome program. Before it was Adobe Audition, it was "Cool Edit." I used "Cool Edit" for several years and it was simply amazing. I'm still searching for something nearly as good (and easy to use) on my Mac, but haven't found anything yet. I should probably just look into getting ahold of a windows emulator and run it on my mac

-Jimi

3. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Agreed, I use it and it works wonders!

4. trmptr

trmptr Pianissimo User

May 10, 2005
    Bemidji, MN
    I heard the new MACs are able to run windows programs. Anyone know if that's true? If so, can an older MAC update it's OS and use Adobe Audition?

5. joey

joey Pianissimo User

Nov 19, 2003
    Bloomington
    The new Mac's will run Windows because they're now using an Intel chip. The older Mac's cannot 'upgrade' and run Windows.

For those of you looking for an easy and effective way to record on a Mac, try Garage Band. It's part of the iLife package. I use a mic and pre-amp, plug it in, and have been very happy with the results.

Joey