Adult Music Camp

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bagmangood, Apr 24, 2012.

1. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

Band Camp for Adults!
    A program that I went to in high school (NEMC) is adding "adult music camps" - both band and orchestra. I had a great time there when I was a kid, and the area that it is gorgeous (Lakeside Maine)
    They'll be both a band week and an orchestra week, and the daily schedule includes something called a happy hour :shhh:
    New Horizons at New England Music Camp

Just figured someone on here might be interested

2. johnande

johnande Pianissimo User

Jun 3, 2009
    western Wyoming
    Bagmangood.... thanks for the info. I might give it a try but am looking for a similar camp not quite so far away from Wyomng. My internet searches have not come up with many such camps in the Western US.... maybe some of you other TM members out there know of like opportunities????? Thanks, JA

3. Happy Canuck

Happy Canuck Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    Toronto, ON Canada
    The International Music Camp International Music Camp has an adult camp as their last session of the summer. This year it is July 28-31. The camp is located in the International Peace Gardens on the border of North Dakota and Manitoba. For brass there are intermediate/advanced and brass bands, so it's easy to play in one of the concert bands as well as the brass band. This is also the official summer camp for NABBA. Lots of fun, great music and people and pretty inexpensive!

4. johnande

johnande Pianissimo User

Jun 3, 2009
    western Wyoming
    Bill.... Thanks for the response and the information. I plan to be in Saskatchewan for a short time this summer so might be able to match up dates with the July 28-31 IMC camp. Will give you and the general membership my impressions if I get there. JA

5. chapmand

chapmand Piano User

Jul 26, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I went to IMC many times as a kid. Loved it. Especially when we had BBQ burgers the first day... Chili the second day.... Meatloaf the third day... Hey, just a minute! Lol. Really the camp was great.