Advanced Master Class April 10 - Chicago

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Mar 11, 2010.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

On April 10 at 10:00 AM I will be conducting a master class on Extreme Trumpet Playing - crossing over styles, for those of us who do NOT have the luxury of having a high paid steady orchestra gig. :-) The details of the event are posted as a the first news item on my web page: Nick Drozdoff :: Home . All are welcome, including walk-ins, but I would like folks to RSVP, please, if possible, so I can have a handle on the numbers. I plan on holding the class right in my lab, but if the numbers warrant a change of venue, I need to know.

I'll keep updating on my webpage as necessary. I'll post here, too , as things evolve. I'll also be posting on my Facebook page.

I look forward to sharing with you .

Nick

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. NickD

NickD Forte User

I have had a lot of interest from folks from both out of town and out of the country. So, I have changed up on some of the April 10 master class.

The fee is now a free will offering based on one's ability to do so. No questions will be asked. Also, the program will be video recorded and audio recorded to ensure the quality of sound. This will be made into a DVD and MP4 that will be sold later on.

Please visit Nick Drozdoff :: Home to see the details of the changes.

I do hope to see you there, but I'll give my best to help folks learn whether 10 or 100 show up and whether they pay a penny or not.

Nick

3. NickD

NickD Forte User

I just posted the directions on my website for getting to the master class. I have no idea who or how many will be there. I hope to see some new faces. I am very eager to share some new approaches that I think will help a lot of folks.

Go here for the updated details.

Nick Drozdoff :: Home

Nick

4. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008

Hi Nick. Not sure if I'm the only one running into this, but I don't see any new info on your website. I get to the homepage, but there are no links to click to get to the new information. All I see is this:
    [​IMG]

Maybe it's my version of internet Explorer, but you may want to take a look at the code.

Best of luck with the masterclass. Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing on-line.

5. NickD

NickD Forte User

Thanks for the heads up. I'll talk to Joe, my web guy. It's not being read properly by IE. Try Mozilla. In the meantime, I'll get my guy on it.

N

6. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks Nick. I'm able to see the updates, so it looks like Joe was able to work his magic...

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

Joe does a great job.

I'm putting the final touches on my book this week as part of my final prep for the class. I hope I can get it all ready for "release" (it will be sold via my website and delivered electronically only) by Saturday, but that's another thread. I'm still writing out some of the exercises I play. I do most by ear, and that's part of the point, but I need to have the patterns sketched out.

But I ramble...

More later.

Nick