Advanced trumpet duet books

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by madmat121, Nov 7, 2008.

1. madmat121

madmat121 New Friend

Oct 14, 2008
    I’m looking for an advanced duet book or an advanced etude book. I’m a high school student looking for new challenging music. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Yes, the Arban's book has some simple duets in it. The Saint-Jacomes book has more difficult duets. Theres' also Selected Duets for trumpet vol. 1 & 2 by H. Voxman published by Rubank and the ever popular Amsden's Celebrated Practice Duets for trumpets by Arthur Amsden.

Bob G

3. siarr

siarr Pianissimo User

May 18, 2007
    Hollywood, FL, USA
    I wrote an advanced Etude/duet book which I think you would enjoy. It is titled "Trumpet Outings," and has pieces featuring many different styles and techniques. It is published by Editions BIM (Switzerland) - check it out on the web at Editions Bim and The Brass Press, International Music Publishing. If you get it, please let me know how you like it. I have already finished book two, which will be published probably early in 2009. You can also find some other excellent duets on their site. Good luck!

Best wishes,

Charles (Chas) Reskin

4. Brassmonkey

Brassmonkey Pianissimo User

Jan 6, 2007
    Florida
    I recently purchased a couple of duet books that I am enjoying. Check out "44 Duos for Trumpet" by Chris Gekker and "Six Jazz Duets" Vol.1 by Lennie Niehaus.

5. Bulos

Bulos New Friend

Mar 15, 2006
    South Fl
    Mel Broiles!

6. siarr

siarr Pianissimo User

May 18, 2007
    Hollywood, FL, USA
    Paul, I see you opened an old thread, so I have to jump in and tell folks that there are now FOUR books of my Trumpet Outings series of original studies and duets available. I tried to use the Broiles idea of including both in each volume. The books are: "Easy Trumpet Outings," "Intermediate Trumpet Outings," and two volumes of "Advanced trumpet Outings," all published by Editions BIM. These studies and duets are very challenging and cover a wide range of genres and techniques, classical, contemporary and jazz. Above all, I've tried to make them as musically satisfying as possible. Please check them out at Editions Bim | International Music Publishing. The etudes in the Easy and Intermediate books also have free downloadable accompaniments on the website. You can also find great duets by Anthony Plog and others.

7. motoboy

motoboy New Friend

Sep 7, 2005
    SC
    The Gatti duet book is challanging and tons of fun to play.