Advice on a choice of 2 cornets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by nixie, Nov 28, 2010.

1. nixie

nixie New Friend

Aug 20, 2010
    Hi everyone, i need help!!! I am currently playing a lovely little silver Blesing cornet, that my friend does not want to sell booooh!!!

However, i have another friend who has offered me a Dynasty USA silver cornet or a Besson 600 brass cornet, and I dont know which one to choose.

I have seached the web and feel no better off, and thought you experts could help me choose the best instrument out of the two.

Please help and advise,:play:

Nixie xxxx

2. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Stay away from the Dynasty. The Besson is a possible good horn. It depends on who made it. I would need to know all the markings on the horn and where they are on the horn. Is this a gift or a sale?

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The only thing that I can tell you is to play both and make your decision. A good Dynasty is better than a bad Besson and vice versa. Used horns can be a blessing or curse.

I, like Bob am very careful about anything with a name that contains "nasty".

4. nixie

nixie New Friend

Aug 20, 2010
    thanks guys, that's useful. i was leaning towards the Besson as i think it sounds better. plus the dynasty is loosing its laquer.

there is a number on the besson 622-792187, dont know if this tells you anything. My friend has offered me either, as a gift, not to purchase, i wouldn't have a clue what they're worth.

cheers,

Nixie xx