advice on flow studies, wind patterns

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gregtrum84, Dec 20, 2006.

1. MGTrumpet

MGTrumpet New Friend

Nov 18, 2004
    Maple Grove, MN
    The best use I've ever seen of the soprano t-bones was earlier this year when we were fortunate to have the German Brass come through Minnesota. Their "Tromboneses" was a stitch. Almost made me want to go out and buy one. That is one PHENOMENAL group. I wish they'd been booked in more appropriate sites.

2. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    They are on the Artist list for ITG next year - one more reason for attending:D

3. MGTrumpet

MGTrumpet New Friend

Nov 18, 2004
    Maple Grove, MN
    Oh NO!

T-mike, that could be a very expensive remark you just made.

So, I went to look at the ITG website - bad move on my part.

First of all, yes, the German Brass are going to be there but when you add the Big Phat Band and the people (including my teacher) on the list. Plus, I'm sure Eclipse will be there (I missed them last year when my wife and I were in England) and I've wanted to try their horns.

So, that'd mean I'd have to join the Guild again (it's been a number of years and I know I should), plan for the trip and take time off, book flights and hotel.

However, my wife (a FLUTE/Piano/Violin player) loves the German Brass and she loves the Big Phat Band - if I go, I'm sure she'll want to go. But then, she probably wouldn't attend a lot of other things so she'd have to go shopping - OUCH!

And what if I just have to buy another horn ---- oh, I can see the dollar signs spinning in my head.

Oh, I'm in trouble now.

Gotta cool down .........

Sorry for the off-thread comments, but you started it T-mike.

You never know where it will end up when you start taking about a soprano trombone!!

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal