Air problem in nose/throat

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by hoho, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    I think you have inadvertantly answered your own question you are anxious to extend your range. Please stop stop stop. Your range will build naturaly without being anxious. Anxiety implies a certain tension this will only hinder your developement. as rowuk says relax and play. I have two major musical interests I have sung second tenor roles in two operas and have played Cornet/trumpet on and off for as long as I can remember and with both the secret is relax. In the car I can sing the famous aria from La Fille du regiment "A mes Amiee Quell Jour te Fete" complete with nine top tenor C's on stage with performance presure I am lucky to hit B flat

relax and enjoy

Cheers

Andrew

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Sorry to load the thread up with posts but this just occured to me I have had singing as well as playing lessons havea look at some general breathing exercises breathing from the diaphram (In my case stick the Beer Gut out as I breath) and control it from low in the abdomen without pushing. There are idea around under singing lessons on Google.

I know my singing has helped my trumpet

Cheers

Andrew