Alexander Technique

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tombrown1, Sep 24, 2008.

1. tombrown1

tombrown1 Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2005
    Hi all. I am wondering if anybody has any experience with Alexander Technique. I'm looking for a teacher in Boston, New York, or anywhere in between. I'm not looking for a trumpet teacher with Alexander experience. I'm simply looking for the best AT teacher I can find.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

I know there is one in the boston area, because my old teacher takes lessons, but I'm not sure who it is

3. BrassOnLine

BrassOnLine Piano User

Nov 22, 2007
    Spain
    I studied with Barbara Hamilton, from Indiana University.
    At the very beggining appears to be an stupid relaxation exercise, but after it is a great way to play without tension and being conscious of your whole body.
    Best regards

4. derekkress

derekkress Pianissimo User

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal Qc Canada
    Contact Malcolm Balk [email protected] He will refer you to someone possibly it will be him! He has worked with many leading artists!

5. tombrown1

tombrown1 Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2005
    Thanks Derek. I'll e-mail him right away.

Tom

6. Markjaye

Markjaye New Friend

Apr 29, 2010
  7. tpetplyr

tpetplyr Pianissimo User

Dec 15, 2003
    Boston
    I took the Alexander Technique class at the Boston Conservatory with Debi Adams; she is amazing! She's a certified AT teacher, also a pianist. Plus, because she teaches at BoCo, she has experience with many different instrumentalists. She can be found at Alexander Technique Center at Cambridge - Home page.

Stuart

8. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Judith Muir is the best! She is based in Verbank NY, midway between NYC and Albany

About Judith Muir