Alison Balsam video

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Aussie Matt, May 30, 2011.

1. Aussie Matt

Aussie Matt Pianissimo User

Oct 12, 2010
    Have you guys seen this yet? I love this stuff. Sorry if it's been posted a million times already.

Imagine getting up every day, grabbing a coffee and cruising down to an old stone church to practice for hours on end! I reckon I might even end up sounding good.

Oh well, back to the daily grind for me....

music doc - Alison on Vimeo

2. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    I haven’t seen this particular video. Thanks for posting it. Alison is a great trumpet player.
    -Bobby

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    This sure seems like Robin's take on practice..
    thanks for posting

4. Aussie Matt

Aussie Matt Pianissimo User

Oct 12, 2010
    Oops, better make that Alison Balsom. I was typing too quickly.

Just to clarify my point about loving this stuff: I just think it's great that trumpet players like AB are getting such great recognition. And that documentary makers care enough to want to make films about trumpet soloists like the promo above.

It's nice also for the rest of us to live our lives vicariously through these great players:-).

Just thinking: for a soloist with a crazy agenda who clocks up a lot of air miles, a few reflective hours practicing in a quiet 12th century church every day at home would be a blessing and a nice way to balance out life. If only I could find those 'reflective hours':dontknow:

5. songbook

songbook Piano User

Apr 25, 2010
    Thanks for posting. Beauty and the brass. What a great combination.

6. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Great video--I do like that she acknowledges that aside from being an awesome trumpeter, she's not bad on the eyes either...That's really pretty cool.