Alisyn valve cleaner

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Clarkvinmazz, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    This is an unashamed advertisement- no I don't work for them, but I'm extremely impressed with all of the alisyn products, the most among which is the valve cleaner. It's on amazon, and I highly recommend it to any player who cleans their own horn. You spray it on, let it sit for a bit, and simply wipe it off. It gets rid of all of the mineral buildup from your spit that doesn't come off with normal cleaning. Not only does it extend the life of your valves, but it also keeps them quick and easy to play on. That is all.

2. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Thanks, will have to check it out

3. Sturmbill

Sturmbill Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2004
    Virginia
    Been using this stuff for years. Works well!

4. Consordino

Consordino Pianissimo User

Mar 5, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Would white vinegar work for demineralizing the inside of a horn? I tried it on the inside of the tea kettle once with great results. Sounds silly but.....who knows?!?.....Dan

5. saxophonist56

saxophonist56 Piano User

Apr 12, 2013
    modesto ca 95350
    not sure but baking soda and water with aluminum foil is amazing for silverplate

6. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    White vinegar is a weak Acetic acid, it will help remove corrosion, I tested it by putting one leg of a tuning slide in a glass of white vinegar and leaving for 24 hours, cleaned it fairly well with no signs of etching or damage. Also useful for removing rust from Iron and Steel parts and sharpening old files.

Regards, Stuart.

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I bleached my hose trumpet last week. It looked like black pvc in spots. Let the bleach sit for 10-15 minutes and it was all clean and clear again. It got me to thinking about bleach as a cleaner in brass horn. Thoughts?