All good things come to those who wait!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by the newbie, Feb 4, 2012.

1. the newbie

the newbie Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2011
    San Francisco
    I just picked up a copy Of Arbans complete conservatory method for trumpet at a thrift store for....wait for it...... wait for it.......$1.75!!!

Its in great condition, its the green one with all the language translations.

life is good.

2. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Lucky lucky lucky. I just got mine for Christmas for myself. Paid too much but Im worth it. So far its been a love/hate relationship. How is it going for you? Best wishes.

3. the newbie

the newbie Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2011
    San Francisco
    Good. I had been borrowing a friends a couple of times and never got past the first page. Still on the first page, I'd like to master each one before moving on, but i think the very first one is maybe too much! holding each note so long and slow each time.

ill be on this first page for a while, the others are easier, but i always go back to better the first one.

4. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    My teacher gave me a used one for free. :D

5. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    I am certainly not qualified as a teacher but I feel confident to say that this would not exactly be the way to use that book. It's best to use it with a teacher's guidance. One can develop bad habits working on Arban just like anything else.