All is good

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by oldgit, Jul 19, 2011.

1. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I think mine is resigned to the fact that I could be doing worse things during my mid-life crisis. :-)

Thanks for the simple reminder that playing the trumpet, whether it's our profession or just a hobby, is great. (And that there are those supporting us as we make progress.) Yes. All is good. Life is good.

Mike

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    If we have the determination to trudge through those exercises long enough; work through the boredom, it starts to get fun. Glad to hear you've reached that critical mass!

Enjoy!

3. DaveH

DaveH Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    I quote the lines in your post that I appreciate most and to which I can relate personally.

It reminds me of the need to keep a balanced and appropriate perspective. You use the word "approach". I use the word "perspective". I think we are probably thinking about something similar.

I have two trumpets, a few mouthpieces - but only use one of them most of the time. The rest are in a box. And, the only reason I have two trumpets is because one of them is a "nostalgia" horn - in other words, it is a make and model that I grew up playing. Most of the time, it stays in the case.

In addition, it is good to be able to understand and accept the good day/not so good day routine, live with it, and not get too frustrated as a result. I don't "fight" it and accept the good and the not so good. It is nice to not have anything to prove.

Thanks for a good post.