All of your Excerpts on a CD!?

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Friends,

The other day a Bass Trombone playing friend of mine (Yes I know a couple of trombone players and admit to being friends with one or two!)
    ... showed me a CD he bought from some company. I want to say Cherry Music?

Anyway it had every major piece of orchestral music for Bass Trombone in it its entirety on ONE CD in PDF format! SO whenever he needs a part he just pops the CD in and prints it out! :shock:

Could you imagine having every single piece of important orchestral trumpet music on one CD?

I have no idea how this can be legal. Has anyone seen this? I will do some more research on this and post again. Curious to know if anyone else has seen this.

TM

2. Skip

Skip Piano User

Oct 26, 2003
    Hawaii
    Very interesting. Was it legit, homemade, or bootleg? Seems there would be a lot of royalties to be paid to a lot of people.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
  4. Skip

Skip Piano User

Oct 26, 2003
    Hawaii
    For $89? Sounds kind of funny. I didn't fully understand "exerpts". Does that mean a complete score of some music, but not all of the composers works that are listed (with the exception of those still copyrighted), or just partials of different scores? Didn't see any trumpet listed - maybe to come.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    My friend showed me the CD from this company. Say he wants a Mahler Symphony. He goes to the Mahler Symphony folder pulls one up and BANG. The entire part is right there. All he has to do is print. Again I have no idea how this can be legal?

TM

6. Skip

Skip Piano User

Oct 26, 2003
    Hawaii
    Are they going to do this for every instrument in the orchestra?

7. Jeroen Jongeling

Jeroen Jongeling Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Amsterdam!!!
    ....Yes please! Great idea.

8. brewblue1

brewblue1 New Friend

Nov 2, 2003
    Albuquerque, NM
    There is a similar project for trumpet underway at Arizona State by a DMA student there. He plans to make a CD-ROM version available to ITG members for free when it is completed.

John

9. trptjoe

trptjoe New Friend

Nov 11, 2003
    Chicago
    Yep, it exists

Hal Leonard, I believe. I don't how they can do it, but I have the flyer at school. I'll check tomorrow and post the website on here. They've also been emailing (spamming?) all the college ensemble directors, so I was double-teamed.
    I am glad to read that it seems to work.

Joe

10. jazzman54

jazzman54 New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    HOW IS ANY OF THIS LEGAL???

-i don't get it