Allen Vizzutti in Los Angeles this week!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetjens, Feb 18, 2007.

1. trumpetjens

trumpetjens Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2005
    For all you trumpetmaster types and friends, Allen Vizzutti will be the special guest at the UCLA brass ensemble concert this Tuesday night at Schoenberg Hall...8 pm and free admission!!!

He will also be doing a masterclass on Wednesday at 5 pm, also at UCLA. For those of you have never seen Allen live, you must do so!!! Allen is the quintessential example of trumpet mastery that looks too easy to be true. He is the model for efficiency and not only a good friend but also a hero of mine.

There will also be a special guest appearance by two more of the most incredible musicians on the planet...sorry, can't tell you 'cuz it's a surprise, but I hope some of you in the area can attend and report about it the day after.

Jens Lindemann
    www.trumpetsolo.com

2. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Rats. And I live in the Artistic Nexus of the Universe, Wyoming.

Everyone in Los Angeles, my old home, enjoy!

Richard

3. Bob Odneal

Bob Odneal Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    I heard Allen was going to be in Houston soon. Anyone have any information?

4. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Jens,

There is no way I can get to LA. How about you and Alan posting your performance schedules on the internet so we can buy plane tickets in advance? (Maybe yours are posted but I can never find Alan's.)

I don't think you or Alan have made a public performance in St. Louis for years. I have purchased plane tickets to hear Alan so with enough warning I can make to your concerts.

I was at the TCU Itg conference and I just bought your Rising Sun CD.

One more idea. Please provide locations of RV camp sites for the Banff Conference. I may make this trip a major pilgrimage to Canada.

Jim

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Jim, Banff is in the middle of Banff National Park, located about an hour and a quarter west of Calgary. The location for the Arts events is the "Banff School of Fine Arts" The Banff Centre .

Campsites are listed under the website for the Canadian National Parks Banff vacation travel guide - banff national park, hotels, restaurants, pictures, maps .

I am SOOO stoked about ITG 08 being held there: anybody got firm dates yet? (it's about a 3-1/2 hour drive from me).

Oh... and Jens will be here in my hometown giving a workshop (s) and performing with our Community Band LCBS XMAS POSTER 2005 on May 11/12. The last time we had a trumpeter for a major concert was Allen Vizzutti (10 years ago). Possibly as a result of hearing his workshop and concert I subsequently picked up trumpet myself. Am SO looking forward to Jens' visit.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  6. Richard Oliver

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Toots,

I'm looking forward to attending the Banff ITG (BITG??).

Hope we can play some duets.

Richard

7. Walter

Walter Piano User

Sep 11, 2006
    Hey Richard

Banff caught my eye.....I am hoping to go....just noticed dates as June 1-5 2008

Walter

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  8. Richard Oliver

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Walt,

Would be too cool for school. I'd like to meet you and others very much.

Richard

9. monel123

monel123 New Friend

Aug 28, 2006
    Midwest, USA
    I only lurk here, but had to chime in......I am going to be able to hang with Allen for 5 days at a band camp this summer.....I can't wait!
    Jim