allergic reaction to ??? not a trumpet players friend .. venting

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Apr 8, 2013.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    COULD????? yeah GM, I gave actual results of my lowered cholesterol level --- your report theoretically, is definitely incomplete ---- and offers no substantial report that would indicate that it MIGHT, help, except oh, it COULD help --- ((((yeah, like how much??? how often???? when will the cider and garlic help????))) -----oh, I see -- it COULDhelp. MY GARLIC INTAKE DID HELP REDUCE MY CHOLESTEROL BY 20% - ---- a specific dosage, a specific time, a specific amount of reduction of cholesterol

here GM, let me give you a recap --- that COULD help you see where your amiss ((((post #18)))) ((----- the amazing thing was that I ate 2 cloves of raw garlic each day ---- the nurse was amazed at the cholesterol level had dropped by 20%, and she wanted to know "WHAT MEDS" I was on for this accomplishment in 3 months ----- GARLIC!!! )))

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Lads and Lassies, I apologise for the apparent dummy spit - I was just checking that you were all awake - some of you aren't you know. :zzz:

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I stand by my original Could. As a medical professional posting on TM, I need to remain accurate on my medial advise and posts. I am glad this worked for you. KT, but you are an individual with a series of enzymes in a very large multi-enzyme driven pathways that involves transport in and out of the mitochondria where fatty acid oxidation takes place. Then there is the substances that work on the remote adipose sites responsible for the release and transport of fatty acids. As we discussed earlier, there is genetic drive behind the way individuals handle cholesterol. Each individual is impacted more significantly by one particular agent by the ability of the substance to enhance the metabolic site that influences an individual's cholesterol. I am glad garlic worked for you, KT, but it will not work for all individuals reading this thread, which IS WHY I USED THE WORD COULD. As always I want to remain accurate when giving advice on TM.

There is no way in our current practice of medicine (despite having a clear known family pedigree of cholesterol metabolism defects) to predict how a natural substance or drug if requires will work due to the multitude of possible mechanistic sites involved with cholesterol metabolism. That is why when your physician makes a recommendation for an intervention, we follow up in 6 weeks to repeat the cholesterol measurements. If we have a goal improvement (such as KT on garlic), then we continue the treatment, if we do not get a response, then we change to a different class of natural substance or drug and again do another 6 week follow up.

Kingtrumpet when posting stupid, can do some harm our general readers, and this is one of those posts that I do believe our readers could be mislead. I do hope this particular post has been helpful to clear up any confusion Kingtrumpet may have caused. And I must commend Coolerdave for bring up this important topic in his original post.

4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Interesting post Doc. I was wondering about how the body might not respond to the garlic after a period of time. Interesting how the body works.
    I thought I would record myself to see if it sounded as bad as I thought ( yes the allergy reaction has been contained but still have the dry lips) ... after I was done with the Haydn my wife said.. "well, I don't think you need to keep tht recording" .... my reply "thanks Hon"

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    My wife had an aunt who passed at 90 - she was admitted to hospital at 88 for the first time in her life with a broken wrist (she was born at home). When asked, when being admitted, who her GP was, she answered that she didn't have a family doctor (true) - what did she put it down to - garlic tablets. (she actually refused to allow me to take her to hospital unless her garlic tablets were in my pocket for her.

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    They tout that Garlique tablets do not leave one with odor on your breath, but I certainly notice it with body odors even on my bed sheets. All my cardiologist says about them is they do no harm with other meds he and other doctors prescribe. I do like the usage of fresh minced garlic in many of my recipes. Fresh garlic is hard to find, the local markets have these net bagged chains of dried garlic that even smell up an area.

7. Randall Nelson

Randall Nelson Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State
    Late to the conversation but....What a bummer Ted...chocolate is one of the three main food groups along with dark beer and Scotch Whiskey. All of these are antioxidants.

Hopefully you can make up this dietary deficiency with increased consumption of one of the other groups...;-)

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    ooops, sorry GM, I temporarily forgot you were a medical professional and therefore had to offer advice relevant to your specialty and in accordance with HIPPO laws that affect the adipose layer in a common mammal (Hippopotamus amphibius). therefore I apologize to the TM'rs who are allergic to chocolate, if I have mislead them in thinking that the typical "HALF-Brother" relationship would incur mutual genes in which garlic would summarily reduce their cholesterol. However, I do not appear to have any common JEANS that both fit me and my half-brother with would indicate we share any mutual allergies to chocolate!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL