Altieri Instrument Bags

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, Jul 9, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Anyone have or tried on Altieri instrument bag. I must say I love the Torpedo Bags (and hence the reason I sell them) but these bags have always look intriguing. They seem like your grandmother's quilt for your horn.

The double bags really interest me. Seems like a very nice way to carry two horns (especially a Bb and a Flugel).

If you haven't seen them take a look at their website:
    http://www.altieribags.com/

I would love anyone's opinion.

Jim

2. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have a single altieri bag, but I know people who use doubles. They are great cases. Easy to transport from A to B.

3. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    My former teacher had one for 4 horns (Bb, C, Eb, Picc). It's a great thing if you need to carry all of your horns, but I wouldn't trust it for safety.

4. ScreaminRaider

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    well yeah, you can't throw it across the room. other than that, It is great. My case (w/trumpet) fell off my couh and slammed onto a table, and did no damage. They may look like they won't hold up, but they do.

Jon

5. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I suppose if you need "bullet proof" you would buy a Walt Johnson case. The Torpedo Bag is close.

But if you wanted a nice "gig" bag in the traditional sense, taking your horns to a gig, is this the kind of bag?

The prices seem right ... single bag for $100 suggested retail and $160 for a double/triple bag.

6. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    If you need to bike across campus, with multiple horns, the Altieri bags could be a good solution to that, since they have backpack straps.

7. ScreaminRaider

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Jim,

Yeah, I've used mine for about 2 years now. I have taken it on planes, and busses, and the black hole that they call my truck. I take it to all my gigs. It is light, and easy to carry anywhere. It also has a big pocket up front that you can put a large quantity of junk in there and still have room for Mouthpieces, valve oil, and the variety of stuff that we like to carry with us. The main thing that got me was how long these things last. I put mine through alot of abuse and It still looks like the day I bought it.

8. dburdett

dburdett New Friend

Apr 10, 2004
    Boston MA
    I just got the 4-5 trumpet bag and like it very much. If you need to take a few horns to a job it works well. Not a lot of protection, but very light and comfortable. The back pack straps are very handy for a long walk to the gig.

9. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Well,

I just became an Alteiri dealer! Your comments (although a couple months old now) and seeing a couple of bags convinced me. Donna and her team makes them in the US (in Denver) and it sure seems one of the best ways to carry multiple trumpets. Look for an Alteiri page on the website soon.

Jim

10. ScreaminRaider

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    I knew I'd make a believer out of you, Jim
    :D