Altieri Trumpet Bags & Washing/Cleaning

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetdiva1, Jul 27, 2009.

1. trumpetdiva1

trumpetdiva1 Piano User

Jun 6, 2004
    Albuquerque
    Washing Altieri Trumpet Bags

I have a severe flea infestation in my apartment (and even gave the dog flea medication on time). I have washed and bagged everything and have even vacuumed my two Bach trumpet cases. I forgot about cleaning my expensive Altieri trumpet bag, which I would not want to part with. Can I clean it somehow and if so how (use the laundry mat—both washer and dryer, or hand wash and use the laundry mat’s dryer, or have it professionally dry cleaned, if possible)? If anyone could help and has washed their bag at least once, then it would be greatly appreciated. By the way, a professional exterminator is coming again this week for a second time.

Thanks,

Janell

2. trumpetdiva1

trumpetdiva1 Piano User

Jun 6, 2004
    Albuquerque
    I did call and speak with Donna Altieri on the phone. She told me to do the following (the bag cannot be immersed):

* Use a flea spray and spray into a cloth and wipe all the way through
    * Use Spray N’ Wash to clean it up from the spray to take away the smell
    * Wipe it down with hot water and a rag

After I do all of these steps, it should be fine.

I thought that I would post Donna’s answer in case any was curious or maybe they may need to know some day. She told me that she has never been asked this question before.

Janell

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    If you have fleas, you'll need to use a flea bomb on your apt. You can find then at any of the large hardware/lawn and garden stores. Do you have a yard. if so you'll have to treat that too. Leave you cases open but cover your horns with somthing like a towel. You'll need to treat your dog also. Flea collers don't work. We just went through this about a month ago ( new dog). Now we're flea free.