Am embarasing litle story...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by trumpet blower88, Jul 17, 2005.

1. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    So here is a litle story that I thought I would share with you all to give you a good litle laugh. Beware, some of you "more mature" guys out there might not find it too funny, because it's a story about a stupid teenage boy (me), and his litle "wanna-be girl friend".... So you might call it puppy love or something, but I still find it funny/embarasing...

So, last month I meet this girl. Now, I'll admit that I suddenly got a litle crush on her, you know... my teenage hormones rageing. Well, she just got back from a 2 week trip in Central America. While she was gone I was talking to some of my friends and her friends about what I thought about her. They seem to think I might have a chance... :cool:

Well, she got back yesterday and sent me an e'mail telling me about her trip. There was one line that kind of stuck out. "Yeah, the whole trip was so much fun, even though I managed to get myself hurt. So like me, huh?" I don't know what I was thinking at first, but the way I read this, it seemed like she found out about my litle crush on here, and at the end she was asking, "so you like me, huh?"

Of course, being the thoughtless guy that I am, I hit the reply button and confess my feelings to her without really thinking it though...

A couple hours later I get another e'mail. She's flattered that I'm atracted to her and all, wich I guess is good, but she's confused why I just randomly confessed all this to her. So I go back and re-read the e'mail thinking that I must have missed something, or read something wrong... Sure enough, I did. She had no idea that I had this litle crush on her. What she ment to say at the end of that e'mail was something like, "It's so like me to get myself hurt, isn't it?"

I sat there for a good ten minuets in embarasment before I could think of something to say. My face was bright red for about and hour. But now that I look back on this, it's one of the funniest things that has happend in a long time... I just hope I didn't freak her out.

Anyone else have any embarasing stories they'd like to share?

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Hey, don't fret it too much. At least you were being honest, and now that it is out in the open, she might start to think about it a little more and who knows what might happen next. Now that she knows that you like her, she might be willing to give you a chance in the romance department. :-)

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA

Well, in your defense, what she said is the sort of thing you would say to another that has known you for more than two weeks out of a month. Even though I knew what she meant when you quoted her, why would you necessarily know her to be klutzy (uncoordinated, accident prone) which is what she was implying)?

So, in this world of internet shortcuts, typos, ineffective communication and the like, don't feel too badly about misinterpreting her comment. besides, it's actually one of those "cute" stories she'll enjoy telling her girlfiends about you if you actually wind up going out together. Just prepare yourself to hear about it over and over.

ML

4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    so she is confused about where it is coming from but she did not say she was not interested?

call her up and ask her out, talk about her trip over dinner....

5. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    No, I'm pretty sure shes interested so I'm not worried about that... It just surprised her that I would just randomly start talking about how I like her an everything.

We'll talk about it over dinner tomarow, she is very religious and Sundays are reserved fo God and Jesues, haha.

And Manny, you're right about the whole "cute" story thing. Actualy I think this might work out in my favor. :cool:

6. Double_G

Double_G Pianissimo User

May 4, 2005
    Gordonsville, TN
    Just like a woman to mess with a guys head. I feel your pain 88. :shock:

7. iguananaught

iguananaught Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2005
    Thank you soooo much for that story! I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Mostly because that sounds like something I would do, or have done in the past. I am too old to remember all the odd little things I have done like that, but I am sure I have many incedents that are similar. I hope things work out for you and this girl! Again, thank you, I really needed a cute laugh like that today!

Patrick

8. Bugler997

Bugler997 Pianissimo User

Mar 22, 2005
    VA
    Buy
    Barry White CD's
    Now

9. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    Yea, man put dat pimp-hand slap down on her and tell her if she aint
    wit da program, tell her... kick some dust! :D (just a joke)
    Hey man that,s cool at least u put it out there.
    the best thing u can do to get a lady,s eye is to ignore them that really breaks em down cause they dont know what your thinking.