Am I the only nerd that does this?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by trumpetpimp, Mar 3, 2005.

1. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    If I won the lottery I know that one of the calls I would make in the first 24 hours would be to Leigh to make an order. Ready for this?

Matching polished gold plate MR Bb & C(for the classical people) :shock:
    Matching MC and red brass flugel in scratch gold(for jazz) :D
    Polished silver Equinox(I don't like my cornet very much and this would probably get me by in brass band) :oops:
    Scratch black lacquer XLR(because it would look sooo sexy) :cool:

I'd probably grab some Lawlers, Schilkes, and even a few Bachs and Yamahas too but I think First Class Brass would get the first order.

Does anyone else make shopping lists for when the magic numbers hit(or the inheritance comes)? I'm not along in this trumpet nerdom, am I? :roll:

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    You probably aren't alone!

I'd be going to visit Leigh and test the MY and MR flugels, ordering one of them in scratch gold and then a Wiseman case to hold the collection of Trumpet, cornet and flugel. (If he has the cornet ready by then... otherwise the Eterna will do nicely).

Then I'd quit my day job so I could concentrate on taking lessons. (Not much of a stretch, I'm eligible for early retirement anyway and Lord knows I could use lessons!)

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Nope, I do it too, only my wish list also includes drums and cymbals. (High end Pearls or DWs and high end Zildjian and Sabian cymbals)

For trumpets I would get at least 1:

Schilke
    Calicchio
    Lawler
    Conn (probably a Vintage One)
    Eclipse
    Monette - I know I know, I haven't always said the nicest things about Monette, but that is because they are so far out of my budget. But if money was no object.....:D

I also fantisize about the house that I would build with an entire wing dedicated to a rehearsal/recording studio done up the way it is supposed to be.

Oh, guitars too. I'd get a couple of Gibson Les Pauls, probably at least one Paul Reed Smith, a couple of Stratocasters, at least one Telecaster, a couple of Martin Acoustics as well as a couple of Taylor Acoutics....the list goes on and on.

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Okay, NOW yer tawkin'... hey, I'm droolin' here.

ML

5. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Yes, a complete performing/recording studio, along with a heated pool and hot tub.

Combining business and pleasure.........

:D

6. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Nah, the pool and hot tub would be in the fitness wing, somewhere alongside of my weight room and sauna/steam room.

7. student trumpet

student trumpet Pianissimo User

Dec 7, 2004
    Minnesota
    You can't just get one of each type of trumpet you have to get five Monettes Schilkes Conn ect... You dont just get a stuido you get a recital hall attached to your house. think HUGE

8. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    What about hiring a world class orchestra, minus one trumpet? :lol: (To go in aforementioned rectial hall, of course)

9. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I think that calls to both Leigh and also Jason Harrelson would be among my first. I would also call a close friend of mine here in town and put together a recording of a big band featuring some really hot players who I know that have never "made it" world-wide. The chance to share my winnings with them by having a promotional recording done the "right way" would really make me happy.

I would set up a scholarship fund for students in my band program, and make certain that the band never needed for anything ever again. Those kids have meant more to me than I can speak in words. They have made my life special by sharing their lives with me.

I would do the right thing and give a big chunk of money to my church and also to my daughter's school. Also a chunck to the high school where she will attend.

I would pay off my brothers and sisters house notes, and buy my mom a new car. Then next Monday I would go to work just like I always did! I really like my life the way it is now. As long as I have my religion, my family, my music and my students I'm a happy guy!

10. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Of course, first I would help my family pay the bills.

THEN, I would have fun... :D

Stage 1 (nickel silver, jewler's silvered body, 24k gold bell, reversed leadpipe, reversed 3rd valve slide, 3rd valve lever. Engraving of the skyline of Nashville, with the engraving piercing the gold, showing the silverish tint underneath. NO STOCK PARTS, everything custom. So customized, even the serial number would be my birthday: 060886. I would probably have not only Felix, but Anton Possegger and Leigh McKinney go over the horn once, just so their fingerprints would be on this horn. I would have their signatures engraved on this horn, as well.)

Harrelson would customize my Bach. Of course, I would install a Blackburn 20 and a Blackburn tune slide first...

A Monette Prana C, of course.

Eclipse Flugel (Just tell em to go crazy)

Boston 3-Star, worked on by Leigh.

Scherzer custom picc

After that, I would put the rest away for Graduate school. Maybe do some studying abroad in Europe or Russia...

Van