Amateur considering teaching amateurs!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mamba21500, Jul 7, 2009.

1. RobertSlotte

RobertSlotte Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Finland
    Well....talk is cheap. Giving all the best advise online is also rather easy.
    question: No names, no pointing fingers but why then go to all the trouble ansvering all the "you make me sick" posts online? IF you think Internet advise is so bad as you have pointed out more than 100 times!
    Isn´t your advise given here: ON the INTERNET??...yes it is. why listen to YOU then??? why would YOUR advise be any more better than others?
    People who read your advise...where do they read it? ON THE INTERNET, just as you pointed out that internet advise is not the way to go......why are some people here qontinuing to read posts and ansver when they do NOT belive in internet advise and still: STAY Anonymus so people can not look up them to see if they have any material to back ther words up.....well all this makes ME sick!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Robert,
    you are absolutely right. I am an idiot and should stop posting in ways others don't approve of. I am a coward because I do not reveal my true identity. I deserve a spanking for the "pain" that I cause other posters.

But you know what? I have very good reasons for what I do and none of them have anything to do with idiocy or cowardice. I have nothing to prove and am not soliciting for students, trying to sell any hardware or anything else that would make my identity necessary or significant. Those that have a need to know (and there are quite a few) do.

No, I have no reason to live up to your expectations. If my posts are too superfluous, there is an ignore feature that would spare you all of my babbling.

If you have an issue with the content of my posts, then live up to your own expectations and help those looking for help.

This is an open forum and there is plenty of room for "other" opinions.

People on the internet solely looking for the warm fuzzies find them in areas where others have commercial or pedophile interests. Funny enough, my advice generally has less side effects.

German beer is good to fight most sicknesses that one could get here. I know it is VERY expensive in your country, so maybe I am not worth that much. Sorry!

3. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    hey rowuk, this isnt closed yet?

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    No, we are still at the freedom of speech part, and as long as it does not get ridiculous or personal there is no valid reason too.

I am controversial, if I remove the ability to criticize that, I would be a hypocrite. Double Gs do get my trigger finger to itch though...............

5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
  6. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Solar Bell,

I agree with you! I think we are being trolled!

Best wishes,

Lloyd

7. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
  8. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    I just wanted to appologize to Simonstl, because I feel I did not answer his question yesterday.

A: We are not here to use people. We are here to help one another willingly.

thanks.

9. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009

EXPECTATIONS

What are your expectations of an individual, people?

It is always the level of expectations YOU have set upon an individual, whether it be your friend, wife, father, employer...or a stranger/poster on TM.... if that expectation level hasn't been met, you get angry. Well, it is time to lower your level of expectations and raise your level of self confidence, so when a figure of authority says your full of it, you can bounce back, and say "well, come on, then!". You bleeding hearts out there, I'm talking to you. "Look at me, the victim, everybody feel sorry for meeeeeee, whaaaaa"

I, myself was suprised, a while back, on TM, when I took a blow, I got all defensive, and blah blah, blah...........Now I expect to take a punch now and then, whoa, I just said EXPECT, and not even on purpose.

Check the numbers on this thread, the count is over 1,600 views, people love this sh...tuff. The only other threads that go this high are the ones that invite you to talk about yourself, and this test was also tried and proven here on TM two months ago when I taught a friend about human behavior. The current example today is the topper, "Who is the pro trumpet player who most inspired you" OOOOH , you say,"I get to talk about me on this thread, I'm there, because I'm the most special person on the face of the planet, and everybody wants to read about ME."..... 1,800 plus views.

This "Amature/Amature" thread, here, is also relevant to the "Bovine excrement" thread in the Horns forum. There is much said over there that relates to what happened here. On that thread and others, I planted all kinds of compliments to some, as an experiment. I received no return thanks or gratitude. I sent out a few positive reputation feedback things, got zero in return. And these people do not have me on their ignore list. this was proven also, in my test. The views are high on the threads if "you hurt me" or, " I get to talk about ME." If you want to help him,.....same old same old thread..... the view numbers and the response is low.

The moral of this story folks, If I say, "You are the greatest", like Barney, the purple dinosaur told you all your childhood, it's to your expectations; Then you have nothing to favor me in return.
    But!....... But! .....(and I won't get personal) If I say, "You are a sucker to be taken as a fool.", you were never told that from those that said, "When you grow up, you can be the President!" so, you are offended from what I said. You would never expect this on TM!!!!

So, immediately you take action, and protest in anger, and send me negative feedback that nobody reads anyway, Loser!!!!.......while the rest laugh, and the view counter clicks at a fast pace, going on 1,600' because it's "really happening to ya" (thanks, Kate) ,while the dude on the mouthpiece thread wonders why nobody wants to help him with his question "Should I switch to a 14a4a from a 7c?"

Because we are all bored with those mouthpiece posts

We would not watch the news on TV if the big story was "Wayne switched to a Prana." So, you want to be the one to chime in only when the sparks flare, and remain absent when it is slow, I'll notice, and then I'll be sure, too, to tell you when to kiss my a$$. Admit it, most of you get a thrill of emotion on threads like these, and this is the only time some of you punch in!

Myself? Sure, I like to joke and jab a lot, sorry to those that expect "whikepedia",here, on TM.

Here, on this link, are some great lyrics:
    Lyrics for Depeche Mode ? People Are People ? Free listening & lyrics at Last.fm

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
    B15M likes this.
  10. DanZ_FL

DanZ_FL Pianissimo User

Jun 16, 2009
    Clearwater, Florida
    OK, I wathced/heard that too.

...but lets not pick nits. He did have that eyepiece thing, afterall.