Amateurs/students in Amherst

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by veery715, Apr 18, 2007.

1. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    My teacher tells me that the ITG has made an effort to not be exclusively an organization for professionals. In the light of this I think it would be awesome if those of us at the conference who are students or even hobbyists (there's a concept) could find a way to connect with each other. I figure by making the suggestion we can make this happen. It's not that I don't want to rub elbows with the terrific pros who will be there, but that I would also like to meet others who are like me in their skill and development. Whadyall think?

2. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota

I suck rocks and I'm gonna be there...I imagine there is a wide variety of playing abilities that are present at stuff like this.

3. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Veery,

Nearly everyone you walk by is an enthusiast player. We outnumber the pros and educators by quite a large ratio. People who dress in all black are usually performers or teachers. Those of us who wear Dockers, blue jeans and casual shirts are enthusiasts. After about an hour you'll be able to tell us apart.

I might do something radical like wearing a green camo T-shirt and see what happens.