Amazing Performnce!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rankamateur, Feb 19, 2014.

1. rankamateur

rankamateur Mezzo Forte User

May 1, 2013
    Merry Ol' England
  2. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    The audience was very kind. I was happy to note that the video was short.

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    ehh ??? The drummer was wearing a hat ... not even sure why he was playing ... I kept hoping the trumpeter was screwing around and would end in some gifted flurry .. but alas.
    The really sad thing is he probably worked on this for months with his private instructor.

4. trackday

trackday Pianissimo User

Apr 8, 2013
    Please don't do that again...lol.

5. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    You guys are harsh.

Looks like a music school taped a recital of some kind. The guy is probably a brand new player and had no idea that some random person from the UK was going to put him online in a trumpet forum for critique...

Dupac likes this.
  6. shooter

shooter Piano User

Jan 12, 2007
    VA
    For some strange reason, the applause made me feel better about the human race.

7. rankamateur

May 1, 2013
    Merry Ol' England
    I didn't put it here for critique. I put it here so we could all laugh at him. Yep. I'm a nasty bastard! :evil:

There's an elephant in the room at 0:36.

Still, sounds better than Médéric Collignon, and at least the piece has a melody.

8. rankamateur

May 1, 2013
    Merry Ol' England
    Well, the audience is likely to be 100% Japanese, and in Japan they reward taking part and trying sincerely. The spirit of 'ganbaru'. I doubt you'd hear that sort of applause and encouragement anywhere but in a kindergarten in the west, and then it would be forced and fake. Maybe we all have something to learn from the Japanese way, glasshopper.

9. jtpowell

jtpowell Pianissimo User

Mar 15, 2011
    Cincinnati
    That's not sad at all if he worked with his teacher. If that's where he's at and that's what he's got that's that. He could have been playing the song of his ancestors for all I know. I actually only really care if he said what he needed to say and connected with someone listening. Seems to me like he did.

10. Littlejg

Littlejg Pianissimo User

Mar 31, 2011
    UK

.....................Love the change of key, very brave......sounds like me after a bottle of Cognac!...........Hic!

....................Die on your feet, don't live on your knees!