Amazingly High Trumpet Players

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by codyb226, Oct 19, 2011.

1. richtom

richtom Forte User

Dec 7, 2003
    For those who have never seen Cat's mouthpiece, here it is with some very familiar comparisons.
    Cat Anderson
    To say it was small and shallow would be an understatement.
    He did not use that tiny one for everything and did use a more normal mouthpiece when the need called. I do not see Cat's other mouthpiece on Cacia's website.
    Rich T.

2. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Here I was thinking Jon Faddis' mouthpiece was shallow...sheesh!

Kujo

3. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Wow, that is super shallow, I want to play one of those just to see if I can get a noise to come out

4. guitarsrmine

guitarsrmine Piano User

Dec 29, 2008
    Franklin, Pa
    Im an amazingly high trumpet player.....playing the trumpet gives me a high that NO drug could give!!!! When I grab my horn, and start to play, theres nothing like it in the world, even if Im just practicing at home!!!

5. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  6. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Wow. He's so very very relaxed. Definitely part of my top three (Maynard, Waynard, and Cat)

7. duanemassey

duanemassey Piano User

Jul 14, 2009
    Houston
  8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    you guys are ALL CRAZY --- this high range stuff is just BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you don't need anything else -- you don't need to go above a high C --- YOU GUYS ARE ALL CRAZY pursuing high notes is not a sign of a good musician. YOU ALL need more learning --- high range is NOT the answer. ROFL ROFL ROFL
    where are all those guys who say that BS????? shouldn't they come to this post?????
    ROFL ROFL
    --
    personally --- I love the post, and I love all you high note guys --- I am there with you --- well on some days --- DHC+ ---- yeah when us high range junkies pop out something good in the High C to DHC + range --- well that quiets those anti-High range jokesters ----- keep on playing 8va baby, yeah that is what I am talking about ----- glad I am a high note freak also ---- love the commraderie

ps.. Cat Anderson techniques helped me immensely -- long soft notes, 2nd line G, etc. long soft notes -- that is what I am talking about --- well at least for me it helped. play on and be happy

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Loose hinges ..... tutt tutt. Any worse and he'll be completely unhinged.

10. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I played this tonight right before I woke up.