American Diplomat?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ControlAltDelete, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ControlAltDelete

ControlAltDelete New Friend

Jan 4, 2007
    Hey all, I have a question for the historical experts of the forums..

Does ANYONE know anything about the "American Diplomat" company? It is, to date, the ONLY entity that I would think should be widely known that is completely absent from the internet. Nowhere online is there ANY information on this company. I have one of their trumpets and was wondering about value, dating, etc.

The trumpet is in very good condition with some small cosmetic issues - minor wear and tear that could most certainly be polished out with only one small ding that I can see. "American Diplomat" is stamped into the bell of the trumpet and it bears the serial number 20789.

Thanks for your input, everyone.

2. ControlAltDelete

ControlAltDelete New Friend

Jan 4, 2007
    No one has any idea?

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Maybe the one person who does hasn't read your post yet. Give it a little time.

ML

4. dacflyer

dacflyer New Friend

Mar 22, 2009
    i too have a American Diplomat trumpet ser# 66908
    i believe we have a rare instrument, that alone should make it worth a bit.
    mine here is in excellent shape, but it needs to be re-lacquered.

good luck..

5. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    I find nothing on Horn-u-copia. Horns were made with the name American anything, over the years, usuall stencils of some sort. Can you owners post some pictures? Maybe their are some design clues to be interpreted. Are they American made or have some other country of origin on them somewhere?

6. lindaamrein@aol.com

[email protected] New Friend

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    My dad bought me a brand new American Diplomat in 1965 when I was in Junior High. It cost $100 and was made in Union, NJ. I remember seeing a large stack of these trumpets in the corner of the music store; each case wrapped in brown paper. I had no idea it was a cheap horn until I was an adult. I only played trumpet three years before switching to trombone. My son played it in grade school for one year and it has been in the closet ever since. I have pictures of it and will post them once I figure out how to do it.

7. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    See? This is another great example of the value of patience and the broad base of knowledge and experience represented by the members of this forum community. One needs to wait only 2 1/2 years to finally find someone who has some sort of information on just about any obscure issue that may come up.