An anomalyee, it shouldnt have happened

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, Jun 24, 2009.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    So here my situation, I had my wisdom teeth taken out may 18th and today I was finally able to practice without anypain whatsoever, since im a section leader you know I have to be a good one out there and the other 2 sec ldrs are gone so I need to do sectionals so I figured in 2 wks id be fit to handle em. No one wants to listen to a sucky player etc etc. anyways today I picked my horn up and I have a lessons teacher so he told me to have at whatever I wanted to get back into condition, now I did some toungueing stuff, it was a bit off but itll be back in just a few weeks of playing, I havent even played for the last month and all, so I was like well Ill try my 6A4A havent been able to play on it in 2 yrs and I hit a G above high C, then I went to my LOUD 78M which is deeper than the 6a and is a V cup, well got an E/F above high C off, then on my LOUD 1.5C (similar to a bach mt vernon 1 1/2C) I got a D above high C out. yeah which is my usual range which shouldnt happen after a month like that. and I had my same air power, and almost equal enduarnce I plaed for 45 minutes straight none stop of high notes, I usually can go an hour. What d oyall think? I mean I was like wow after that. The good lord does his works huh?

2. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    hmmmm, I mistyped alot, guess thats what I get for typing in the dark

3. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    You are right - it's an anomaly. Stick to regular warming up, long tones, etudes and exercises. Don't push the high stuff. You will need to ease back into even if it seems to be a piece of cake.

veery

4. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Yeah, it was fun though! haha :thumbsup:

5. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    If you had teeth out, you likely have blood clots forming dams in the teeth sockets. Don't blow so hard that you dislodge them. That could be bad (blood and stuff in your trumpet, and all).

6. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Yeah the back wisdom teeth a month and over some week ago on may 18th Yeah their healed the soft tissue aka gums are reattached to my jaw bone and there are no visable clots and just a scar where the blade went through. though for a little over a month ago it felt like you were tearing them off of my face which is why I couldnt play one of those really painful things, the thing that didnt help me was that I had a few complications, Like it got infected or it was healing wierd etc, most of my friends were able to do full force playing after two weeks of the surgery, so I was the poor sob no one wanted to be cause I got put off for a month and around a week somewhere, but now I can blow away :play::thumbsup::play:

7. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    everything is attached basically and its still regrowing but my load of air hasnt felt odd or anything.

8. Genesis3003

Genesis3003 Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2008
    North Dakota
    One thing I've noticed personally and with many other players in the area, you seem to play fairly well the first time you play after a lay-off (assuming it isn't too overly long). It always seems to be the second day that bites. You just drop off the map and can't play hardly at all because of all the playing the day before.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I don't believe any of it. The internet is very forgiving of fantasy.

The first day you have 15 minutes of glory - MAYBE.

The good Lord has nothing to do with this.

10. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    haha ROFL Rowuk it really happened sorry to tell you wrong and genesis3003 yeah second day sucks I agree I had what a highC thats about it, but yeah I couldnt do much but my 1.5 I was better on so I am happy :play: im doin 3 practices a day so far, one in the morning one around 1 or 2 maybe 3 then another at night whenever I feel like it, ill work my way up to 4 then perhaps 5 if I get lucky idk