An hour is not enough.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ckkphoto, Mar 14, 2013.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I find when I drink coffee, that the revers effect happens, and I end up LOSING TIME -- because the pharmacological substance although stimulating, seems to have a diuretic effect on my body, and I spend a lot of time, emptying the contents of the diuretic effect, which inversely causes me to use MORE TIME for this than the benefit that I receive from the coffee!! just saying --- ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    KT sounds like you've just not got the endurance to drink coffee. Just remember beer has that same effect and much worse.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You'll definately loose here. You drink cups of coffee, I drink pots of coffee. You are talken to the guy that ate Folger's Coffee Crystals straight from the jar. Packed with power AND CRUNCHY!

4. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Bombay Sapphire Coffee ? ;-)

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    "Folger's Coffee Crystals" huh! You're missing the enjoyment of flavor and aroma that develops in the brewing and percolation of coffee.

It's Sunday morning now 10:00 AM and I'm on normal schedule having been awake since 7:00 AM. I've freshly ground 4 pounds of 8 0'clock coffee beans and am now percolating my 4th pot of coffee having just finished the 3rd pot. Each pot contains 8 cups. I'm currently using Farberware stainless steel pots (We've 2). Alternately I could use our Bunn and I also have a Cory.

So, who is going to sponsor our competition and provide the trophy, or is it a wager?. The only rule is we drink until one calls it quits or can't drink any more with a time limit of 24 hours at which time the judges determine how much each competitor has consumed. One can go as often as needed, but like auto racing pit stops give the opponent an advantage.

Sometimes 4 pounds of coffee beans will last 2 days, but not often.

6. Kendall

Kendall Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    UK
    Hi,
    I much prefer a cup of tea - coffee has been known to give my migraines!!

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I like tea also, although for the the anti-oxidants I drink 1 cup of coffee a day!!!

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    hope the Aussies don't catch up with you and your snide comments about BEER --- they will likely argue the point that it's effects make them worse -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

of course they might lament that is makes their hour of TRUMPET PRACTICE more enjoyable!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ed... Read my post carefully... I said "I drink pots of coffee." IN ADDITION I at one time in the remote past, when they were made at Folger's Coffee Crystals from the jar. Not any more as I believe Coffee Crystals went the way of Afro-haircuts and the mini-skirt. I NOW drink pots of coffee... SO ADMIT DEFEAT ED.... COMMON... YOU CAN DO IT... Hello, My name is Ed Lee and gmonady defeated me in the realm of coffee supremacy.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ahhhh... I do believe caffeine is in migraine medications. Perhaps you are not drinking enough. ORRRR worse... caffeine addiction and you are getting withdrawal headaches! So drink up, hour upon hour, as it is with the theme of this thread... "An hour is not enough".