An hour is not enough.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ckkphoto, Mar 14, 2013.

1. ckkphoto

ckkphoto Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2013
    Northwest Georgia

...and is there a problem with that? :oops::D

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    OK, lets make it tough, if our sponsers will pay for the coffee: !st pot of the day is 100% Columbian Fantasia, 2nd pot is Western kettle brew, 3rd pot is Turkish expresso, 4th until last is Maxwell Classic, and the last is Jamaican Blue Mountain.

When I was working as a LEO doing surveillance I took 3 2 quart thermos full of black coffee on site with me for an 8 hour shift. At supper out tonight, I truly can't say how many cups I drank, because my cup was never empty before the waitress refilled it. I ordered a cup to go, paid the tab and made a pit stop, received my large cup to go which was empty 12 miles later mostly at 55 mph to our house and since I've had two pots and it's time at 10:30 PM for my shower and other bathroom uses before bed. Still, another pot is set up to percolate at 7:00 AM tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    no one has mentioned cowboy coffee ... you know the kind where you throw the grounds in the boiling water over a camp fire ... then toss some cold water on it to settle the grounds to the bottom ... not trumpet or date friendly .. still it is something to experience.

4. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    Pops k
    g

N

bumblebee likes this.
  5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    the only problem with the Aussies consuming too many adult beverages to enhance the enjoyment of their 1 hour practice, is that imbibing might ((JUST MIGHT)) affect the assessment of the quality of practice for that hour!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

of course, I suppose to them --- it ALL SOUNDS GOOD!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. ckkphoto

ckkphoto Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2013
    Northwest Georgia
    :lol:

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA

8. Avan

Avan New Friend

Mar 9, 2012
    While I practice 1 to 2 hrs a day, when I can't practice that much for life's reason's, I will do at least 1/2 hr of very focused practice ............

By focused I mean total concentraion of the task .................... Always softly !!

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and that should work just fine!!!! just saying!!!!

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Cowboy coffee is the same as "Western kettle brew" I mentioned, but in the tapered campfire pot, the grounds just slide to the bottom edge if you don't pour too rapidly.