And the Vikings win against the Giants!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Alex Yates, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Well...would you look at that.....the Vikings won today. What a game! All of you in Minnesota must be happy. I have secretly been a Vikings fan since I was a little girl (I lived in Minnesota for a year as a child) when Fran Tarkenton (sp?) was the quarterback. I guess it is the purple.....LOL. I always liked that color. :D

2. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    As a Redskin Fan I thought it was a great game. How abouot seeing history in that game -- Runbacks of an interception, punt and kickoff all for touchdowns! That is fantastic!

3. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Yes, despite their best efforts to lose, the Vikings managed to win. Or should I say, the Viking defense.

Minnesota Defense/Special Teams 21
    Giants 21
    Minnesota Kicker 3

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Pretty funny looking at it from that perspective. I thought the interception caught deep in Giants territory and run all the way in for a touchdown was pretty impressive. :dontknow:

5. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    And to think the Packers beat the Falcons.

6. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, and I have a grumpy husband around this evening thanks to that game. LOL. (Heck, he is still depressed that baseball season ended.) It amazes me that Fauvre still has it after all of these years though. Vick was also not at his best today.

7. missednote

missednote Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2005
    Naples, Italy
    I'm a long time Vikings fan. All my family is from the twin cities. Never lived there but that's where the folks grew up. Anyway, I'm embarrassed to win that way. 137 TOTAL yards of offense? It's disgusting. At halftime we had 7 points and SIX yards of offense. I was ashamed. I had to call my buddy who's a giants fan and apologize for winning that way. But hey it's still a win so that's good. Definately amazing to see the punt return, the kickoff return, AND a int. return all in one game though. Who knew we had special teams? One more win and we're at .500!!!! :oops:
    -missednote

8. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Okay...

Remember that I know really next to nothing about football and I didn't see the game (daughter had a violin recital)...

Are you saying the Vikings' offensive line didn't move the ball forward more than SIX YARDS IN AN ENTIRE HALF OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL??!!

That can't be what you're saying... what really happened in that first half?

ML

9. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Let's hear it for the Vikings.

At least Minnesota folks have something to cheer about, try being a life long disgruntled Detroit Lions fan :cry:

10. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    The real question is...Who's gonna beat my Colts?