AND THE WINNER IS........

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Jan 27, 2004.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    WINNER OF THE TRUMPETMASTER CONTEST 2004 ISSSSSSSSS

JESSIE (STILL TRYING)

Although the innovation ideas were not rocket science we felt that the whole entry was wonderful!
    The finish he asked for will be breathtaking and is not one that we have tackled before!

The thing that sealed it in our minds was the 2nd chapter of the story which was fantastic!
    So fantastic in fact that in forcing my lovely wife Radka to read it, it brought her to tears.

Thankyou Jessie, you are about to have a truly magnificent horn handcrafted just for you!

2nd place goes to TOOTSALL

We felt the whole entry was very well put together, the part in your story about" the British raping the northern lands" might have got you thrown out of some other contests, but we feel real guilty about all of this and want in a small way to give something back! :lol:

Well done!!

3rd Place goes to WARDSD

We all expressed an interest in this entry as we have in the past done work of this kind .

WARDSD wrote the most unselfish entry someone possibly could!

He didn't want the horn for himself, but for a community band leader with only 2 fingers on one hand.
    We truly feel that that this entry needed to win as a man who continues withhis love of playing regardless of his disability, deserves all the help that our skills may give him.

I look forward to talking with him and solving these problems in full!

This only leaves me to say THANK YOU to everyone involved in this contest!
    TM, Paul Nelson, The Eclipse Judges:- John the Greek (my business partner) Carl (Eclipse technician) Dragan (Eclipse technician) Noel Langley (all round good guy and great player)

Oh i almost forgot NE deserves a mention for the many hours he must have spent on his story.
    He had us all on the edge of our seats waiting to see how that one turned out !! (a real page turner to be sure!)

Until the next One!!!

Regards

Leigh

2. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Oh man, where's the winner?
    -J

3. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Congratulations to all of the winners! You are in for a real treat!

I can't wait to see everyone's results. I'm sure that Leigh will treat us with the works in progress!

There were a LOT of great entries. I hope that everyone will be around for the next one!

Thanks to Leigh, John, Carl, Dragan, Noel, Radka, Paul, and TM!

Best always,
    Bruce

4. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    Congratulations to the winners!!! You will feel numb for a while...I know from past experience. :wink:

I also must agree that WARDSD had a very unselfish reason for winning. What a wonderful gesture.

And for the record...this contest was easy to moderate...because we had GREAT contestants!

All the best.

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    My utter thanks to Leigh, First Class Brass, TM, and the TM website. I have been discussing getting my cornet overhauled and gold plated by Leigh. Now he's gone and given me the chance to get that at virtually no cost. Unfortunately he has ALSO created a quandry in that I could get an Eclipse trumpet for 1/2 price. YIKES. Now I'm going to lose some sleep for certain!

Also, my congratulations and admiration for StillTrying and WardsSD. Great entries guys.

There were some "undiscovered authors" that were uncovered in this contest; don't give up on writing because you never know where your imagination can take you.

And "hang onto your hats"; I have it on good authority that next years' contest will blow your socks off!

Edit: YAHOOOOO!!!

6. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    I knew that i would forget something! typical of me

We decide to give THEVOR a choice of either a double trumpet gig bag or a flugel and trumpet gig bag as he was responsible for the funniest entry that we had by a long way.

Thankyou THEVOR!

Leigh

7. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Congratulations guys!

I look forward to seeing the horns. That scratch silver should look gorgeous.

Congratulations again, and thanks very much to everyone at Eclipse for this contest - it was fun, interesting, and very creative.

Jack.

8. Thevor

Thevor Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2003
    Next to the Volcano
    All well deserving entries and I'm not sure I wouldn't have picked it any other way, congratulations to the winners.

In this case, Eclipse trumpets and the contestants are all winners.

Still Trying, your story was awesome........ not as funny as mine but... truely a well crafted story. I envy your writing skills. :)

Toots, hey it couldn't have gone to a better man.

Wardsd - a nobel gesture and simply a class act.

Thanks guys, its been a blast..... until next year.

For those that might have been offended by my entry, I apologize. But it sure was fun entering something different.... great job to all!

Whooaa! just read that I received a gig bag.... now that just makes this contest perfect.

George

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE.

It was great to be able to hold such an awesome contest on this site!

TM

10. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2003
    Contest over

OK - The contest is over now - everybody can go back to TH :D