AND THEN THERE ARE THESE IDIOTS

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Solar Bell, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Great...

Follow the rules... follow the rules... no exceptions... follow the rules.

That's just cold.

ML

3. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    There are CC&R's for a reason. They knew this when they bought the house. While it may be sad for some of the residents, they can help in other ways.

4. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Kevin,

I'm aware of that but this is a national emergency and I would hope that rules can be bent on a temporary basis to help folks out while they get their feet back on the ground. I don't think it's that much to ask for a short while. They just need to establish some ground rules, timelines... it wouldn't be that big a deal. Let me just ask... what do you see as the downside?

ML

5. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Let me relate a story. Several years ago, when the huge brush fires ravaged northern San Diego county, displacing thousands, my parents decided to rent out one of their houses to a family of victims at a much reduced rate. Originally it was supposed to be five people, but eventually there were 12 people living in a 2700 square foot house. The original renters were made aware of all of the CC&R's and were left a copy of the rulebook, however they completely disregarded it. They had cars parked on the street, left trash cans out all week, etc.; needles to say the neighbors were not very happy. In the 9 months that they lived there, my parents accrued thousands in fines, and were almost forced to sell the property to the HMA. When the tenants finally moved out there was over $100,000 in damage done to the property.

So, I say, donate money, that is the help I will give.

6. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Well, thanks, Kevin, for that perspective. So much for idealism...

Boy, it would nice to think your story was the exception rather than the rule, but...

ML