..and yet another question about range..

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Mar 28, 2011.

1. RustoleusMaximus

RustoleusMaximus Pianissimo User

Feb 1, 2008
  2. craigph

craigph Piano User

Mar 12, 2010
    Japan

Or you can just go directly to sheetmusicplus. (I don't see what pushing your website has to do with ordering books from SMP?)

Discount Sheet Music and Books for Piano, Guitar, Choral and more, SheetMusicPlus.com

The Colins lip flexibility book doesn't seem to be available through that site. You can get it from Colin's own web site:

Music Books, Charles Colin Publ Brass & Jazz Methods, Practice rooms, music lessons

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    thanks guys

4. RustoleusMaximus

Feb 1, 2008
    Because Professor Craig, ... when you're off lecturing at the school ... I'm at home in my undies sipping a cool one and building incredibly popular websites. Hugs N Kisses ... ROFL

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I think that untrained chops are like water filled baloons, really incapable of musically resonating with the horn because they are too "dense", "thick", "unresonant". As we learn to play with less strain, the chops develop and their resonant behaviour changes actually quite dramatically. The "consistency" or tone of the face muscles, quality of the breathing apparatus functionality, tongue level, etc. allows the lips to vibrate at higher frequencies sympathetically with the horn. We have more range, endurance, tone, expression.

6. Rich Wetzel

Rich Wetzel Pianissimo User

Dec 27, 2003
    Tacoma, WA
    First of all, Russ is a great guy, player, and his site(s) are enjoyed by a lot of folks along with his playing. I am sure this is not some evil plot or get rich quick scheme and why not pick up stuff there, if you need it, he has it, it's easy, I don't see what the problem is.

All the best to you Russ and thanks for posting this, some of us do appreciate it and would prefer to get it from your site anyway!!!

Trumpet player profiles featuring famous trumpet players
    A great place to pick up the books and fun reading too

7. RustoleusMaximus

Feb 1, 2008
    Thanks Rich ... I can get outta bed and stop crying now - ROFL

8. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    As long as the posts are not "shameless" there is no problem in a thread in indicating where resources are available. As many posters here do NOT research much of anything, this is a way to spoon feed them. As far as I am concerned, Russ is well within bounds with his plug for his site (it would be different if it was 20 times in the same thread). I am not so sure about the undies part though............ ;-)

9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    They sell wrist bands to help your golf game why not undies to improve your range .... a brilliant idea if I must say so myself ... you know something that clicks when the elastic stretches past a certain point ,, "increase your breathing, increase you range!!"
    @Robin.. you do realise you used the words undies and shamless in the same post

10. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    :whistle: