Anddddd Drum Corps....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RHSbigbluemarchingband, Mar 23, 2012.

1. RHSbigbluemarchingband

RHSbigbluemarchingband Mezzo Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    Raiders isn't half bad for a summer. Its 1500, and they give you a LOT of fundraising opportunities. As for world class, most of them aren't too bad. Crown is the most expensive but they range from 2200-3500. I mean it is a lot of money, but for the amount of time you spent in the corps, its expected. They feed, house and transport you, and also teach you and provide typically brand new horns (most of them are brand-spanking new Xenos) every year, and you move in with the corps in May and don't come home until August. I don't know if I get into a world class corps after this summer, I know I am going to be doing a LOT of fundraising, and if you go to your town mayor or such, they will help sponsor you to march, same with most businesses.

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    If it's where your heart is, go for it!!:thumbsup:

3. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    If you put it in perspective, they pay for about 3 months of living expenses. I don't know about the financial state of any members but 2200-3500 is not that bad for three months of living, a horn to play on, and some of the highest quality brass instruction out there.

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    No that isn't but the original quote was 5G's!

5. RHSbigbluemarchingband

Jan 17, 2009
    Thats Carolina Crown. lol. Cadets are getting close too.

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    :stars::stars: Just to give you perspective, I'm the one that makes the money so my family can spend it :lol: . If it can take you to a place where you can "turn a profit" eventually, then it's worth it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  7. RHSbigbluemarchingband

Jan 17, 2009
    Thats what my mother would probably do if I said hey I made Crown and then proceeded to hand her the bill.

8. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY

Thanks, Robin, I've been looking for a solo to work on- perhaps for DCA Individuals and Ensemble- I really like this one!

9. RHSbigbluemarchingband

Jan 17, 2009
    I really like it too....Definitely going to the music store on Monday, or maybe Sunday after I head down to camp tomorrow.

Which DCA corps are you in? My father's friend's father helped founded the Cabelleros....I grew up around G bugles wailing in my face....asked for a trumpet at age 6...thanks DCA for getting me hooked on this instrument. (the hours of jazz at my grandfathers probably didn't help either lol)

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    JMU Marching Dukes Playing "Firedance" in your face is pretty awesome!