Andrea Giuffredi

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Veldkamp, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I had the great pleasure of doing an interview with Andrea after I listened to his newest CD L"anacoreta and Forme d'arte. People who don't know him and his music, check him out!

He's is one of the few people I know who can play in any style on the highest level and with great taste. It's the same guy who played the trumpet solos in Morricone's music. How many principal players do you know who can play lead, jazz/latin/pop?

I'll publish the interview on my site after it's published in after brassmagazine called the Sonic in a few months. He has very interesting things to say IMO.

Summit records sells his cds btw. Italy has more fine trumpetplayers like Fabrizio Bosso and Paolo Fresu. All worth checking out.

his site : www.andreagiuffredi.com

2. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    He played at ITG in Denver and was incredible (despite technical problems and an audience that were mostly absent). Lovely guy as well - very enthusiastic about chatting afterwards, despite the lack of Italian on my part and English on his.

Both CDs are well worth obtaining - the music is superb and the playing is simply outstanding.

Do you happen to know if the sheet music for Forme D'Arte is available?

3. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I have no idea, you can mail him and ask. Forme d'arte can be downloaded from iTunes btw.