Andreas Eastman Trumpets

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Claude Gnocchi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Claude Gnocchi

Claude Gnocchi Mezzo Forte User

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    Anyone here try one? I bought their "basic" model 420G, and it is amazing...sounds like a good Bach Strad!!! But quieter and smoother valves....:D

2. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    Does Kanstul make it?

3. Ray Vega

Ray Vega Pianissimo User

4. Claude Gnocchi

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    Kanstul doesn't make ALL trumpets.......:-o

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    And Kanstul doesn't make his in Beijing yet, either. If the horn holds up over time, it sounds like you've picked a winner!

6. Claude Gnocchi

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    So far I'm loving this horn! The valves are just flawless, the sound is centered and has a good "core" to it; the horn is balanced and confortable in the hands, the laquer seems durable. I can safely say that I like this horn MUCH better than all my other horns, and that includes some pretty expensive custom horns....which I will be selling very soon....

I'll try and record some tunes in the near future w/this horn. Check these tunes (and the model...) w/my old horns.....

Showcase Your Music - Make your own music showcase today!

7. TisEkard

TisEkard Pianissimo User

Jul 28, 2006
    L.A./Orange County CA
    I have tried an Eastman horn! It is amazing, and it was cheap too if we are talking about the same one Kanstul does not make the Eastman trumpet. You have made a great purchase.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  8. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    All right so what is the price on these Eastman trumpets. I have never heard of them. How long has the company been around? Where are they made?

9. Claude Gnocchi

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    Go to the Trumpet Herald site and do a search - A dealer (who carries much more expensive horns) is the one who tried one of the Eastman trumpets and was "blown away." He became a dealer for them. They ARE made in China, but apparently the Chinese have finally broken the code...these horns look and sound like a VERY GOOD BACH, only they cost $560 ("basic" model)and $750 (their "pro" model). Some dealers have them higher and others lower....I bought the "low end" one because Chuck Levins in DC didn't have the "pro" model...and it is an AMAZING horn. You can read my comments in brass review....I intend to buy a few more of these horns before the price starts going up.......;-)

10. lakerjazz

lakerjazz Mezzo Piano User

Oct 10, 2006
    I have tried my friends Eastman, and I was impressed with everything except for the valves. The third slide is nice, and it sounds awesome, but the valves seem a little slow. They work fine, but they aren't very "springy."